Bad
Good

I really like Jackson, I like that my kids go here. The principal and many of the teachers know my family and seem invested in my children's education and well being. The principal in particular is very personable and accessible. There are a few teachers here who are truly exceptional, who really make Jackson Middle School. I believe the quality of education here is very good. My children have been proficient or advanced on standardized tests and have gone on to high school prepared. I see teachers work really hard to help students. I've had teachers make personal phone calls to my home to ask about my children. We always look forward to the family nights held here twice a year (I don't have to cook dinner!) If you child might be interested in band or orchestra, no cut sports, a BIG variety of before and after school clubs, cultural and social economic diversity, and a place where they can feel free to be themselves, consider this school.

I am the principal of Jackson, and I'm available 24/7 if you have questions about our great school! I apologize if I made the parent in the Jan. 2009 post feel bad - if at any time anyone has questions, needs, compliments, or concerns about our great little school, call me at 505-259-0659. I think 99% of our kiddo's and families have great experiences and top-quality instruction at Jackson! And I'm at the ready to help the 1% get that, too.

My son attends Jackson and does like it he is is his last year there, but how heartless when a apricible tells your kid and myself that he is only a guest there and not a student just because he does not live in the school distric any more. That is a very rude and unprofessional staff at Jackson Middle School

I attended this school when i was in jr hight. i loves the learning environment and the teatchers and staff were great.

I have children that enrolled in Jackson for the 2007-08 school year and they absolutely love it. We have found the staff and teachers to be kind, understanding and very helpful. It is a very wonderful environment and the music department is very impressive. The school and staff is very responsive to high achieving students and gifted. Satisfied Parent

Last modified Jackson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.