Jefferson Middle School 2

Posted August 25, 2013
JMS my review. the teachers seem overworked, overwhelmed, and disconnected. The students are out of control, bullies and bad behavior are everywhere. The social atmosphere is awful at this school. Our public school system is in shambles. A lot of the problem is in the home, I agree, but the schools need to have standards and do the jobs we pay them to do. If there is no standard of behavior to expect and no consequences carried out then why bother? Also, in New Mexico Special Ed has been funded, but the schools have NOT PROVIDED the resources for the kids that desperately need it. Jefferson is one of those schools.

Posted January 22, 2012
2011-2012 school year. Our son started the first day of 8th grade at Jefferson M S not knowing a soul because we had just moved from out of state. We are so very pleased with our son's experience. He is both shy and small for his age, yet he made friends quickly and loves school. There are a variety of after school programs every day of the week and kids play soccer during lunch break. The gifted classes include math, language arts, and science. His teachers are AMAZING and respond quickly to emails or phone calls. These teachers have provided academic challenge, which our son needs. Our son comes home from school happy every day. Really, is there anything worth more than that? Parent volunteers in this district must pay for their own background checks. I feel this excludes some parents.

Posted October 20, 2011
best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school, best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school,best school awesome school, awesomness

Posted February 27, 2011
My daughter has really blossomed in her 3 years at Jefferson. She has been challenged academically--particularly in science, math, and literature; thrived socially; and had the opportunity to build her leadership skills through mock trials and debates. The teachers are such high quality and so dedicated that I cannot say enough good things about them. However, the administration has been slow to respond appropriately to some recent cyber bullying by so-called "good" (read entitled) kids, and has a history of punishing both aggressor and victim equally in altercations. These leadership flaws could have serious repercussions over time.

Jefferson Middle School 1

Posted August 19, 2010
this school has bad attitude problems the teachers and student are very rude nd iv gone there since sixth grade nd im a 8th grader now this school has hard learning prosseses

Posted March 25, 2010

Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted August 06, 2009
My son is starting his second year at Jefferson and I have mixed feelings about this. This school is huge and I agree, at least 35 kids per class. It is therefore easy for a child to get lost in the crowd and their issues not addressed or resolved. Last year there was not a counselor for 6th grade until 2nd semester which means the testing my son was suppossed to get will probably not occur until this year. I also agree, Mr. Bustos (VP) deserves special mention as a real asset to Jefferson!

Posted August 04, 2009
I go to Jefferson Middle School and I love it! JMS has really nice kids and the staff is great! My teachers are the best and I learn so much! I highly recommend it!

Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted January 22, 2009

Posted January 10, 2009
i have sent my daughter here at jefferson. She is doing great. The teachers here at Jefferson are great as well. Havn't had any problems with the teachers or the princable one so ever.

Jefferson Middle School
712 Girard Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87106
Last modified Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top