St Mary's School 4

Posted August 02, 2014
My son has attended St. Mary's from K-5th grade. He has been blessed with amazing teachers every year (except 1 year). He has never had any serious problems there and is very smart and gets straight A's. I do not have a negative opinion about the new principal and any interaction I have had with her has been positive, but have heard people complain about her and the previous principal so there is no pleasing everyone. There are small nuisances but I feel that its expected for every school. I had one altercation with a teacher and the new principal was easy to deal with and supportive of me.

St Mary's School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
My daughter went to St. Mary's since kindergarten. Now the new principal Carissa Cantrell is rude and has made the school like a buisness. Several amazing teachers have left forcing myself and several families to look elsewhere for top notch education. I would not recommend this school to anyone. As we will not be returning!!!

Posted August 29, 2013
This school has been very good to me over the 10 years that I have been there. I have been going to St. Mary's School since Pre-K (in 8th grade currently). I do want to say that I feel that Sister Marianella was a better principal than Mrs. Cantrell though. For one reason, I think that Sister was more loving and caring with her students. St. Mary's is still a good school even though it has minor issues.

St Mary's School 3

Posted November 17, 2012
My son attended St Mary's for 2 years before going to Public school.We noticed the student teacher ratio had no benefits for him.He had a student teacher ratio of 14:1 with no added instruction. The last 3 weeks he attended was goofing off because the required curriculum had been presented. The money you pay would be better spent on tutors and a 529 plan.

St Mary's School 1

Posted August 31, 2012
We liked St Mary's because my son was able to practices his faith in a school setting. However, the school staff and the administration make feel unwelcome and that its you should feel lucky to be at that school, and parents do't have any say on goes on with your child at that school. We pay good money for our child to attend to not have a say so or question any behaviors of the teachers is nonsense. My son had an accident in his pants in class because the teacher did not allow him to go to the restroom and we did not get apology from his teacher outrageous and now we are struggling to help my son trust again.

Posted March 29, 2012
St. Mary's has been a great school. My child reads extremely above grade level and continues to excel in all areas. He enjoys attending school and is very involved. Sister has always been warm, approachable, and professional. My child has made wonderful friendships with fellow students and parental involvement is ever present. The school is solid in its leadership and academics. We are very pleased. Their uniforms could use a little upgrade.

Posted November 08, 2011
Our five children attended St. Mary's from pre-school/kindergarten to eighth grade which if you count each year individually amounts to approximately 46-48 years. It was the best financial investment we ever made as all five of our children went on to excel at St. Pius X High School and found college to be "easy" in comparison. The three oldest are college graduates and are pursuing medical degrees. The two youngest are finishing their last year of high school. Thank you, thank you to the teachers at St. Mary's. They set the stage for success. The teachers pushed our children and expected them to succeed, thereby teaching them that hard work was important and very rewarding. Thank you to Sister Marianella for her life long devotion to her "love doves". I hope one day to see my grandchildren wearing the plaid jumpers and skirts worn by St. Mary's students.

St Mary's School 3

Posted May 03, 2011
My family has been at St. Marys for 12 years now. Sister needs to step down, she is getting too old to run a school. The office staff is rude and needs a class in respect and customer service. There are quite a bit of teachers that really care, however, there are some that do not belong there. I believe they are just placed in positions they shouldnt be. Even though there are some issues, I would pick this school over APS anyday.

Posted October 08, 2009

St Mary's School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
St Marys teaches values that include community, service, stewardship and making a difference. I know the teachers care about the kids.Plus they installed Low-E windows this summer.

St Mary's School