Posted June 25, 2013
the teachers and staff are terrific, do a great job and really care about the students, the school, and the success of all Principal is awesome, very supportive and wonderful to work with, addresses issues quickly and effectively.

Posted September 30, 2012
Love it love it love it, better than private school, the staff, the curriculum, the test scores, the children are thriving and learning, and are well-prepared for middle school. This is the best place you can send your kiddos! Parent involvement is spectacular, I knew the previous principal, and the present one is equally fabulous, supports the staff and listens to parents, they all work together and make it wonderful for all. One overjoyed parent.

Posted June 06, 2011
I loved this school I was one of the 60's kids .I still remember Miss Donna Young she was my 2nd grade teacher and our coach John Baker May he RIP

Posted February 20, 2010
A very good school. I've had 2 childrens go through the APS system and am very pleased with John Baker. The teachers and Principal are very on top of things. Parent envolvement is high. I couldn't be happier!

Posted June 16, 2009

Posted September 25, 2008
This is our second year at John Baker and we have been very happy and impressed. The prinicipal, Mrs. Brigman, is very involved and very open and receptive to parent concerns. She personally met with me to discuss a school policy that I had concerns about. The teachers and staff are dedicated and good with the kids, even the substitute teachers we have had have been great. The PTO is very active. My son participates in running club and there are many other clubs and activities at the school to participate in. The PE teacher is awesome! The playground has a bit to be desired but the school has plans for new equipment from what I understand. We have met some nice people and my son has made some good friends.

Posted July 23, 2008
I agree with both reviews. I have spent 4 years at JBES. Excellent library program, best in the state!! Great staff, great parents.

Posted June 19, 2008

Posted March 11, 2008
As a teacher, I never cease to be amazed at the amount of work and time teachers and parents are willing to give to make this school great. Teachers are knowledgeable about their practice, and do everything in their power to ensure student success. Families are actively involved in making the school great. John Baker is a great example of educators and families working together to achieve excellence.

Posted August 04, 2007

John Baker Elementary School
12015 Tivoli NE, Albuquerque, NM  87112
Last modified John Baker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Baker Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top