Bad
Good

This is an excellent school with high standards and excellent teachers! Children are well cared for and get an excellent education at John Baker!

the teachers and staff are terrific, do a great job and really care about the students, the school, and the success of all Principal is awesome, very supportive and wonderful to work with, addresses issues quickly and effectively.

Love it love it love it, better than private school, the staff, the curriculum, the test scores, the children are thriving and learning, and are well-prepared for middle school. This is the best place you can send your kiddos! Parent involvement is spectacular, I knew the previous principal, and the present one is equally fabulous, supports the staff and listens to parents, they all work together and make it wonderful for all. One overjoyed parent.

I loved this school I was one of the 60's kids .I still remember Miss Donna Young she was my 2nd grade teacher and our coach John Baker May he RIP

A very good school. I've had 2 childrens go through the APS system and am very pleased with John Baker. The teachers and Principal are very on top of things. Parent envolvement is high. I couldn't be happier!

This is our second year at John Baker and we have been very happy and impressed. The prinicipal, Mrs. Brigman, is very involved and very open and receptive to parent concerns. She personally met with me to discuss a school policy that I had concerns about. The teachers and staff are dedicated and good with the kids, even the substitute teachers we have had have been great. The PTO is very active. My son participates in running club and there are many other clubs and activities at the school to participate in. The PE teacher is awesome! The playground has a bit to be desired but the school has plans for new equipment from what I understand. We have met some nice people and my son has made some good friends.

I agree with both reviews. I have spent 4 years at JBES. Excellent library program, best in the state!! Great staff, great parents.

As a teacher, I never cease to be amazed at the amount of work and time teachers and parents are willing to give to make this school great. Teachers are knowledgeable about their practice, and do everything in their power to ensure student success. Families are actively involved in making the school great. John Baker is a great example of educators and families working together to achieve excellence.

What can I say about John Baker ES? Nothing short of fantastic! We moved to this neighborhood when our oldest was 6 months old because of the schools and haven't regretted it at all. Three sons and 15 years at John Baker has proven what a tremendous school it is. The teachers are committed to doing the best job for the students. The principal is very approachable - both by students and parents. The PE program is varied and well-run. A school chorus of 4th and 5th graders presents two concerts yearly to 'overflow' crowds. The Library was chosen the best school Library in New Mexico in 2004. Parental involvement is high in the classroom and other areas of the school. Extra curricular activities include jogging club, jump rope club, and the chorus. You want a great APS elementary school - come to John Baker!

Last modified John Baker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.