No rating

Queen Of Heaven School

Private | PK-8

Living in Albuquerque

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $162,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $630.

Posted August 2, 2014

Great school. Tuition is okay not too expensive like others private school. The school had Reverence, Respect and Responsibility. I am highly recommended. My kids learn a lot from this school. Excellent Teacher Credentials. Standards Based Curriculum, Including Religion and Spanish. Overall, I gave the school a five stars. Thanks to all the staffs from this school.

Posted August 1, 2014

Great school. Excellent!! quality , discipline and respect of all private school. I had two kids ongoing to this school and loved it.

Posted August 1, 2014

This private school is the best of all here in town New Mexico and the tuitions cost much less than any others private school. They had great staff and very good at teaching the kids. I love it and the school maybe small but the kids learn a lot from the faculty and theay learn to respect, discipline, and pride. The school is great.. Very impressives...

Posted August 1, 2014

Great Staffs and great jobs for doing all the hard worked for the students. I loved this school. They are the best private school and cost less than any others private school here in New Mexico.

Posted March 31, 2014

Queen of Heaven School has been a wonderful school for my child. The teachers, principle and priest are all dedicated to giving our children an excellent education an spiritual guidance. I would highly recommend Queen of Heaven School because with it's small class sizes your child will get the attention the need to excell.

Posted February 18, 2014

I have four children who attend QOH, I don't see why the low enrollement ?? The teachers and staff do a great job, and my kids are getting an excellent education. Two of my kids need extra help and they recieve it here ! It is one of the cheaper catholic schools in Albuquerque, so I don't get why there are not more kids ?

Posted February 2, 2014

Honestly, in my opinion the school is going downhill. But what I don't get is that the teachers are amazing and the teaching system is amazing. I've been sent both of my children there . One is in 2nd grade and the other one is in 6th. They've both been there since kindergarten. The school is absolutely great and I defiantly recommend it!

Posted May 27, 2013

As a former student of Queen of Heaven it was a great school at one time. The teachers and the families are a wonderful team who need support and understanding from the Principal and Priest. Although it appears that the Principal's main goal is to ruin the school and drive students away by the masses by being cold and uncaring and very un supportive of her staff and the children's needs.

Posted May 21, 2012

This school is a wonderful school. Despite the Principal we still feel that this is the best school to educate our children. It is our hope that the Principal is replaced, however, with the wonderful teachers that surround our children daily we will remain a Queen of Heaven family.

Posted February 4, 2012

Its very sad to say that as a long term family that has attended the school, the school has continued to go down hill over the last several years. It was hopeful that with the new Principal things would change. It appears the school moral has disappeared to nothing, the teachers the students and the parents are for the most part miserable. The new principal rules with the ideology that her way is the only way and if no one likes it they are welcomed to move on.

Posted August 5, 2011

I am a graduate of the class of '10-'11, and getting ready to attend Pius. This school was excellent for me and my classmates. We loved almost all our teachers, enjoyed our classes, excelled in sports (another great aspect), strengthened our faith, and got a great education. In the past few years the school has met with a large decline in the number of students attending. It did not affect the school in my opinion. The principal I had when I graduated was criticized by many, however his priorities were always surrounded around his students and the school he loved. Now, with a new principal and new pastor, I hope this school will continue to serve the students with the greatest quality of education.

Posted July 19, 2010

This school is great with a strong sense of community by the parents. The teachers are excellent but seem to struggle with high energy boys. Princepal is ok, but seem sto be really love the school and education of the students. I do not see a strong partnership between the parents and teachers. Overall though in the two years my child has been there, he has gotten a great education.

Posted July 28, 2009

Queen of Heaven school is an excellent school for my child. It has lots of programs for my child to excell in all learning aspects. The math competition program is awesome! The school is very strong in academics, athletics, catholic values and etc. I'm so happy to find such school for my child.

Posted June 7, 2009

As stated in a previous posting, it is sad to say , that this principal's, and some of the teacher's attitude has become one of ,'Our way or the Highway.' After 24 years as a parent and grandparent of Q of H students, this last school year was a gigantic fiasco, especially for the 2nd grade students. The communication between teacher, parents, and principal was just not there. Even though we all know it takes a village to raise a child in todays world, if you are a granparent your quetions do not count, you are made to feel second class, if you are acknowledged at all. It is very sad to hear parents and grandparents say, 'We will give this school one more year even though we are very hesitant to do so.' Administration and Some Staff need to practice the Three R's, Revernence, Respect and Responsibility.

Posted January 14, 2009

I have been involved in the school and my child has been in attendance for 5 years and if I could do it over I would have left after 1st grade. It has gone down hill more and more every year. The attendance turnover is very discriptive. The principal does not honor the hard work of the parents and keeps them out of the loop. I have had to find a tutor on my own and pay for it on my own on top of the tuition. I don't say much because of the my way or the highway attitude. Sister Mary Klersey is running the school from afar and knows nothing about what is actually going on. Sorry to disappoint you. Attend first grade and move on..

Posted January 13, 2009

We currently have 3 children that attend Queen of Heaven. We absolutely love this school. Our boys are doing so wonderful!!! Grades are out standing and all test out at two grades higher then their grades are!!! They all have great repect for all people and are very loving!!!

Posted April 3, 2008

The elementary school is amazing. My daughter is excelling in every subject and loves going to school each day.

Posted August 12, 2007

Queen of Heaven has provided an excellent education for my child for the past 7 years. I have found the teachers to be competent, enthusiastic and dedicated to providing the children with the very best education possible. My husband and I have been very involved in both the school and the parish and have not encountered any problems with teachers, staff or the principal.

Posted August 8, 2007

A very good school. It is a small school, this allows the students to build relationships with the other students and teachers. The 8th graders know the Kindergardeners. The teachers are interested in the students and care about their personal, religious as well as their scholastic growth. There will be a lot of changes this year. I have confidence that the principal will allow parents and teachers to voice their opinion, and take it into consideration, but not allow them to run the school. There are many programs out there that can be tapped to get extra programs for the students. I would like to get several of the parents to work on this as their work service instead of counting the field trips as work service. You should do these things because of your children not as service hours. Service hours should be done to help school or teachers.

Posted August 5, 2007

We have had 2 kids, 3 teachers and 2 principals at QoH and can really praise only 1 teacher. We are not sure on the newest principal yet. He seems to have the children in his best interest. With the recent changes, we feel that this principal is beginning to take control of the school, instead of the handful of teachers that seem to think that they were 'in charge.' Good teachers should be able, and willing, to teach to all levels within the same grade. We think next year's teachers are good. We will stick it out another year to give QoH one more chance. We like the religious aspect of the school, but academics should still be priority.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Santa Fe

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5303 Phoenix Avenue Northeast