PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Parents considering this school, ask to see stats on how many full tutuion paying new families leave this school and why? The parents and children are friendly but the staff is academic elitist. It is okay if a teacher's biological child learns differently they bend over backwards for their own. Wow, 1 in 5 people have some degree of dyslexia. The principal Mr. Kaiser ( there for 30+ years) tells me my kid was the 1st at their school. Simply not true and every year there will most likely be another. If take responsibility for Christ like behavior is your motto remember Jesus did NOT only hang out with the scholars in the temple. OLA does not help the struggling students but rather puts down roadblocks. Every school should value a relationship with a private OG tutor because they can help kids. Keeping a 7 year old in for recess because they type slow and sending home missed class work because the student was with a reading tutor made my kid sad and overwhelmed. It sends a clear message I don't want you here because you are different. It is dissapointing how inflexible a teacher with only 10 students can be! FYI dyslexia dx. alone does not mean services from APS.

Our Lady of the Assumption is a fully accredited educational institute. OLA is a family and community oriented school sustained in a Christian environment. The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing a solid, well rounded educational program based upon the Catholic tenets of faith, love, and forgiveness. OLA develops and nurtures young, creative minds and prepares them for a responsible role in society and life-long success. OLA is truly a remarkable school.

I went to this school and then moved to a different state with a highly competitive school district and was very unprepared for the average curriculum. The 7th grade math teacher was very bad, and overall i felt i received a subpar education.

I whole heartedly love Our Lady of the Assumption Jr. K - 8th. From the beautiful campus (with grass) to the fantastic teachers and staff, OLA is the best school. They have high academic achievements, consistently placing well above the national average. The school is small with one class per grade and has a very family-like atmosphere. The campus is gated & safe and offers a lovely field and playground for recess and sports. The enrichment classes are fabulous; art, music, library, computers, spanish, and health & physical ed. They also have several extra-curriculars like band, gardening, and sports to name just a few. Best of all the tuition is affordable and they provide free early care as well as very low cost aftercare that extends to 6pm most nights. My boys feel very safe and loved at OLA and I feel they are getting the best education with strong Catholic Values; love and respect. My boys are encouraged to learn and nurtured in every step. The curriculum is tailored to them, they have upper class reading, Mass, and math buddies, which is an excellent way to get to know the whole school and feel like family. I extend an invitation to everyone to come and visit OLA.

I myself have attended Our Lady of the Assumption for four years now. I absolutely love it here! When i was first making my decision on which school I would like to go to, I had a choice between Holy Ghost Catholic School (HORRIBLE compared to OLA) and OLA. I had already attended Holy Ghost. Lets just say that I along with three sisters had a HORRIBLE experience. But ever since we have transfered to OLA we have not had a single problem! Great School!

THIS IS A FANTASTIC SCHOOL. not only is my child excelling in school but is learning kindness and christian behavior. my child has been at ola for 7 yrs. we love it.

I have 2 children who attend this school. We love it! My children are happy, above grade level and learning at a great rate. I believe OLA provides a flexible learning enviroment for children of varying learning levels. The school is warm and very much like a mini-family with older children connecting with younger children. The parents and staff are committed to educational excellent.

I went there when I was young, and my daughter is attending now. It is and has been a great school.

Our Lady of Assumption Catholic School in Albuquerque provides the best education value anywhere in the metro area. My children have been enrolled there for 3 years. The tuition cost is very reasonable; the staff and teachers rate as the best and the important criteria academic achievement - consistently rates TWO grades above the NATIONAL average. With excellent curriculum and facilities and results to prove it, there is no better place in Albuquerque to educate your child. There are more expensive private schools to go to but the education value for your dollar at Assumption far surpasses other private and public offerings.

i love ola! it the best school ever. the students are all really nice.

Last modified Our Lady Of The Assumption Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8