PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Effective school leaders: Agree

New principal who is young and ready to make positive changes to the school. In the short time she has been there the technology room has been upgraded as well as security into the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

New PreK teacher is excited to teach. My child is excited to learn. Very exciting for me to see.

We are new to the school and I can tell that new leadership has come in and has started to make positive changes. My son's PreK teacher is awesome and I can see him wanting to learn and enjoy what he is learning. I love the small class sizes and the sense of community. I look forward to having my son attend many more years at the school.

This school is definitely a throwback in time with regard to academic rigor and some more old school types of teaching, but I find nothing wrong with old school as public schools are lacking so much. For example, when do public school students learn to punctuate sentences? Maybe never if it's not on a standardized test. I agree with some postings here that mention a lack of leadership at the school; however, if parents are going to complain about a school, they need to spellcheck their reviews. I personally wouldn't be convinced by strong claims riddled with typos. What the school has going for it are loving teachers and a strong sense of community. I am happy to have my child here. I feel lucky and blessed to drop her off in the morning.

I am a much older sibling of a student that went to San Felipe de Neri. He thrived at this school and continues to thrive in High School. He had amazing teachers that guided him to becoming a well-rounded teen. They challenged him and gave him the tools he needs to be successful. They were helpful and were always there to mentor or provide tutoring if he struggled. The office staff is attentive and helpful. All staff knows each child by name, because they truly care about them. The new principal is always present and there if you have questions or concerns. This school has strong family and Catholic values that are passed on through generations. I have a son who will be an upcoming Pre-K student and I cannot wait for him to go to a school where he and his education are truly cared about. Here I know he will be challenged and given a strong Catholic foundation so may succeed in his future.

My children went to this school for two and a half years. They were diagnosed with Dyslexia. The school promised to work on some accommodation to make the boys successful. It never happen. It was so hard to communicate with the teachers who have an attitude of "My way or the highways" They told me they have rigor in their classes. I observed the class... Can t find it... They are good paper pushers. Drilling them perfect! Higher type of learning. None...They expect my dyslexic children to memorize 20 to 30 vocabularies a week? Memorize facts.... who does that? Old schools. Now, they were sending me bill for withdrawal fee? My children were not serviced... they were traumatize with the experience. They want more money... I want my money back! I am filing a complaint so that this school will learn its lesson. I am so glad I move them to public. Where is their Catholic teaching there? Wanting more money even if they provide disservice to this particular students? I know they are hurting for money because a lot of students withdrew from the school but they should just do what is right as a follower of Christ! They have a good bookish Catholic teaching.Please teach what you preach!

worst school ever they don't even have a nurse with all the money they ask for on top of what you have to pay is crazy if you don't donate then what you say don't matter waste of time and money

Worst school ever ! lack of discepline and leadership one word POLITICAL! Do Not Even Consider This school!!!!!! I will put one star because i have to, but it deserves a BIG FAT 0

This school lacks leadership, discipline, and is behind academically. My child was not challenged by the in-class lessons or by the homework. My child is advanced, however nothing was done to challenge her. When I contacted the administration regarding my concerns the response received was, if my child is below average then this was not the school for our family. I was stunned by the response since it had nothing to do with my concerns or with child s capabilities. The school does not have a nurse. Extracurricular activity is limited. My child participated in P.E., Computer Lab, and Library Lab once a week. Spanish is not taught to younger children. Art and Music is offered once a week for one third of the year. The afterschool program is not structured. The employees who are in charge of the program do not activity engage the students in constructive activities. Students are discouraged from doing homework and do not receive assistance or encouragement when taking it upon themselves to complete their assignments. The location of the school is great, and children are taken on filed trips. Everything else is less then desirable. My child will not be returning this upcoming year.

Our family loves this school. Our children attend San Felipe and their cousin's, public. This school is without a doubt at least 2 years above public. Our kids have learned to be better catholics, students and members of a community. Our only dislike, is the school seeks a state funded grant annually for the Pre-k program. The grant monies do not benefit the school at all, and tend to hinder the teacher's ablity to instruct as they see fit. This grant gives the state more power to dictate our ciriculum which is not up to the school's standard. I would rather just pay the full tuition and have our kids excel more.

Last modified San Felipe De Neri School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8