St Charles Borromeo Elementary School 2

Posted December 14, 2014
Both my daughters attended St. Charles K-8 and we had been with the school a total of 14 years. We were very happy with the service and education in the beginning. I believed principal BJ was great! She valued fairness and viewed all students education to be her highest priority. She left when my youngest daughter was in 7th grade. Although I only experienced Mrs. LaValley's leadership 1 year I was glad my daughter was graduating. The new principal seemed inexperienced and did not have things in order. In her first year there she spent a lot of money on things that just seemed unimportant (buying a soccerfield when we had a large field to begin with). My daughter had more run ins with this principal in 1 year than she had in all of the prior 8 years. I found it odd that instead of hearing these incidents from the principal, I heard them from my daughter. I believe that after the new principal was instituted the school went downhill. I have heard from other parents almost all the money was spent up in a short span of time and teachers who had been there for more than 9 years were dismissed. I probably would have pulled my kid out if she had anymore than 1 year left there.

Posted February 11, 2014
St. Charles is a positive, academically challenged, and faith-filled school. This is my first year teaching at St. Charles and I love it. The principal has an open-door policy that everyone seems to appreciate and that includes parents, teachers, and students. She handles issues, no matter how small or large, with care and follows through with what needs to be done; of course not everyone will agree with a person s actions and decisions, but the principal will always explain her reasoning behind her decisions and actions. As a new teacher at St. Charles I have been mentored by so many amazing teachers. Most of the teachers support and help each other in every aspect needed. The tuition expenditures have always been made available to parents and staff through numerous ways such as the State of the School, the CCC meetings, and the PTO meetings. Parents who are involved and take part in these activities stay well informed of the daily activities of the school. I feel really blessed to be in such a school that welcomes everyone with open arms.

Posted February 04, 2014
This is our first year at St. Charles and feel it is a great school. From what I have seen the parents that complain the most are the ones that are not involved. As an example I have heard parents that say that they are unaware of where tuition is going for expenditures. If you had attended either the CCC meeting or a PTO meeting you would know because the principal presented the budget in each of those meeting at least one. It seems as if it only a small group of parents that continually are involved in the school. My only complaint is the the communication is a little lacking. Though with the principals open door policy it is easy to get any information I want.

St Charles Borromeo Elementary School 2

Posted January 23, 2014
I am very sad to say this school has gone downhill. The principle may have an open door policy but she also only tells you what you want to hear. She does not follow through and she makes promises she can not keep. Over the past three years my child has suffered academically. We have lost great teachers and the new ones are not mentored and are set up for failure. Theis is the principles fault not the teachers. Your staff is only as good as their leader. Communication is key but there must be honesty behind that communication. Where is all our money going no one seems to know.

Posted January 08, 2014
St. Charles is an excellent school! It has an amazing staff that truly cares about the students. The Principal has an open-door policy, and families are always stopping by to talk, and they feel welcome to talk to the Principal at any time (she has never once turned anyone away). The students are wonderful. All around, it is a great place to be.

Posted January 08, 2014
I am in my 4th year as a teacher at St. Charles. This is without a doubt the best school I have ever worked at. The principal has an open door policy to all. This includes the students. Everyone has a voice. The staff spends countless hours outside their scheduled day to help our children learn. We have high expectations for our students. We instill the teachings of Jesus Christ. This is a school where your child can make mistakes and not be made to feel like a mistake. Yes, we have had turn over the last three years since our new principal has arrived. In most cases, the turn over happened because the teacher wanted a change. The school was stale and needed a new direction, a fresh coat of paint. I worked for both principals, the last one was good. This one is great. If you want a school where your child is held accountable then we are your school. If you want a school where your child is taught to his learning style then we are your school. If you want a school where your child is treated the way Jesus would treat your child, then WE ARE YOUR SCHOOL. I hope one day to teach your child Mr. Meyer 5th grade teacher

Posted January 08, 2014
St. Charles is a great school with a great sense of community throughout. There are several of us families who are newbies to the school(first year at St. Charles). St. Charles is a dream compared to some of the other options (which we have experienced) available for Catholic education in this city. We were welcomed into the community from day 1 starting at the registration orientation. One issue I see are the behavioral problem children whose parents refuse to admit that their child is at fault. They are quick to blame the school or teacher for their child s lack of learning when the real issue is their child s lack of discipline and/or the parents lack of involvement. The administration/faculty/ staff are more than fair. There is no favoritism or seniority here. A first year family (like us) is treated with the same respect as an 8 year family. Recently there have been a few families who have tried to pull the legacy card to get their way and when it failed they became very outspoken about St. Charles decline under the new administration and are constantly threatening to leave I have yet to see them go. This is truly a wonderful school and we are blessed to have found it.

Posted October 15, 2013
St. Charles School is the most loving school I have encountered. My children's academics are advanced and challenging. My children were shy before we started attending this school, now they are outgoing trying out for the lead in the play, performing in front of the school and believing in themselves. St. Charles School is the complete package, wonderful, caring staff and an outstanding Principal who is supportive and encouraging to the student body. I could not be happier with the choice we made to help our children grow, learn and become successful adults.

Posted May 28, 2013
My child attends St Charles and I have found it to be an excellent school. My child struggled this year and the one on one's with the prinicple were the best. He got encourgment and incentive to do his best. Also many of the teachers took personyal interest in him. The encourged him to be a leader in his behavior and to model Christian behavior. We (parents) love the staff, teachers and community at St Charles. Th staff is efficient and always follow though with any request. I love the prinicipal has open door always. We have only felt welcomed at St Charles and look to many more years there and its conitinued success.

Posted May 27, 2013
I am currently a student at St. Charles, it is a wonderful school. It has great teachers and great students and a WONDERFUL principal. I tell all of my friends to come to school at St. Charles.

St Charles Borromeo Elementary School
1801 Hazeldine Avenue Southeast, Albuquerque, NM  87106
Last modified St Charles Borromeo Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Charles Borromeo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top