No rating

Immanuel Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 208 students

ILS is best known for affordable, strong teachings with a Christian worldview.

Living in Albuquerque

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $156,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $590.

Posted May 1, 2014

ILS is a top-notch school, with awesome leadership and hardworking, dedicated, inspiring teachers. It's no wonder they were recognized as a Blue Ribbon school. We transferred our daughter here and they truly turned her attitude and her academics around to where she now works hard and wants to do her best.

Posted April 30, 2014

We found ILS six years ago and the moment we stepped onto the campus we felt the love and homey feeling the staff and students give off. Our kids are learning to be good role models for the future and we feel safe having them in a nurturing and God loving environment. They receive the best education you can ask for with the most dedicated teachers that work very long hours and are always willing to help our children academically. I only wish they had a high school too. God bless this school and church.

Posted April 29, 2014

My two daughters and I happened on this school in the midst of a contentious and emotionally/financially difficult divorce. I can only say it was through the love of God that we ended up here. The teachers, principal, pastor, other parents, and congregation have been nothing but kind and loving towards my daughters. The biggest gift the school gives is a loving Christ-centered environment (and class sizes of about 12-15) and a school/church family that treats each child there as their own. That means kids are well behaved and none of that bullying stuff or mean girl stuff is really an issue here. However, I've also evaluated the school's academic standards from the perspective of a Ph.D. and graduate from Ivy League university and found them equal to much "fancier" and more expensive schools in the area. If you want your kiddos to get an excellent education, please consider this as one of the unsung heroes of elementary and middle school education in Albuquerque. While you're at it, consider joining the excellent church by the same name. God's blessings in your search for a great school and may our paths cross as you evaluate this school for your kiddo(s).

Posted April 24, 2014

My children and now my grandchildren are attending this excellent K-8 grade school. Many graduates of Immanuel School place their children in this or another Lutheran school for the Christian atmosphere as well as the quality education. Immanuel has been nationally recognized.

Posted April 23, 2014

Great school and very dedicated teachers and staff. Our daughter had been here for the last 3 years and we wished we had found the school sooner.

Posted April 23, 2014

ILS is great! It offers a solid, basic education with an emphasis on mastering fundamentals and developing critical thinking. Each person strives to emulate Christ. I know my children are not only receiving an excellent education, but they feel cared for and are safe at ILS.

Posted April 23, 2014

Our son has grown in spirit as much as body during the 4 years he had attended. Thanks to all the staff

Posted April 15, 2014

Awesome! The teachers are very caring and go above and beyond to help their students. The church pastor is amazing, a wonderful, supportive pastor.

Posted April 10, 2014

Immanuel provided my son with an excellent education. The teachers and staff were loving and devoted to their students. He was taught and learned the fruit of the spirit: Love ,Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfullness, Gentleness, and Self Control. Galatians : 5 22-23.

Posted April 9, 2014

an excellent place to learn and grow in God. I am very happy with the quality of education that my children are receiving at Immanual.

Posted April 8, 2014

The staff is dedicated in providing a challenging education to prepare children for their future both as students and servants of Christ. More importantly, Jesus is proclaimed every day, and God's word is taught in truth. My boys went to Immanuel and we now live out of state. They have done remarkably well. I feel they were very well prepared by the faculty and staff at Immanuel.

Posted October 22, 2013

After watching the news tonight, our kids (and we) were floored at the local superintendent's interview. We reminded them how lucky they are to be at Immanuel. We have lots of friends at APS and in good charter schools, but I wouldn't change this for the world. Thank you, ILS, for your generous tuition program!

Posted August 28, 2013

ILS has been such a blessing to our family. The teachers and staff are loving and committed. No over crowded classrooms where the teacher doesn't know your student! The one on one attention given here is what every child deserves. The teachers' devotion and love for what they do is apparent. The school is Christ centered in its teachings and encourages the children to love and support one another. With beautiful facilities in a likewise beautiful neighborhood, Immanuel is a real gem. What I appreciate most is each teacher's willingness to have open and honest communication about each of my children and how they are progressing and what their individual needs are. Academically it is challenging and fun. The teachers are always looking for new and innovative ways to teach and keep the children interested and engaged. With a friendly and kind atmosphere, we are truly blessed to call Immanuel our second home while we help our children navigate such imperative years. It is truly a blessing.

Posted August 22, 2013

Immanuel is the best kept secret in town. Tucked away in a older neighborhood it is quite and well kept. I have had two daughters complete middle school at Immanuel and both have been well equipped academically for private college prep high school. The school community is one big loving family and the staff and faculty teach from their soul with their hearts! Students are given a strong Christian foundation and taught principals with integrity and taught to become leaders with character and class. I love ILS and would recommend this school with two thumbs up! The sports program teaches students to play and win and sometimes lose with good sportsmanship and leadership. I am proud to be apart of the Immanuel alumni community! Immanuel is a place anyone can call home and mean it! In his glory, Melissa Smith & Family

Posted August 22, 2013

Immanuel Lutheran is an magnificent school school with a faith based curriculum. We are truly over joyed that our daughter has the opportunity to revive a top notch education from such a wonderful staff! Immanuel Lutheran School is a huge blessing in our lives!

Posted August 18, 2013

I have had the privilege of watching several kids come out of this school. Everyone of them are confident young adults. I now have my 2 girls attending Immanuel Lutheran School and they are so excited to learn and grow with God and the Immanuel family.

Posted August 6, 2013

Immanuel is a very special place where children learn how to live in the world. My daughter feels loved, safe, and academically challenged at ILS. The teachers obviously love their jobs, and their efforts pay off in the students' progress. The principal is a leader who leads by example and holds high standards. I know, without any doubt, that ILS is the best elementary/middle school on NM. I just wish they had a high school, too!

Posted July 27, 2013

I enrolled my son at Immanuel in the 7th grade. He is a geeky introvert and had trouble in the past finding a place to fit in and being accepted for who and how he is. His classmates took him in and made him feel good about himself. He made friends with every single child in that class, boys and girls included. There are so many good things to say about ILS: no-cut sports, strong academics, teachers that really love their kids, these teachers have the gift of teaching and are free to exercise their abilities very effectively. Here's my quote on FB the day after my son's 8th grade graduation:"My son said goodbye to middle school tonight. Feeling melancholy, but that's good. When your kid comes home and says he wishes it wasn't over, you know he had a good time. Thank you Immanuel Lutheran School for giving my son 2 excellent years, a handful of good friends and an excellent foundation for high school and beyond. God bless the freshmen class of 2017."

Posted July 27, 2013

I am a former student of Immanuel Lutheran, and I must say that it is a wonderful school. The education that I received was top notch and provided a firm foundation to build on. Immanuel was and still is a loving and caring environment where every child is made to feel important. The teachers are also knowledgeable, helpful and certainly some of the best! I would highly recommend Immanuel to anyone looking for a great education for their child.

Posted July 23, 2013

I really love Immanuel Lutheran School! My sons both went to ILS and received a superb education and great spiritual training as well. I still remember the first time that I visited and felt that sense of family that was so evident all over the campus. I have also enjoyed working here for over a decade now and can't imagine serving anywhere else. The faculty is well-trained, dedicated, and loving. No education is more complete! You should come for a visit to experience the Immanuel campus and the people who make this little slice of Albuquerque an amazing place to learn and grow!
—Submitted by a teacher

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 1%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff American sign language
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Blue Ribbon School of Excellence (2010)
  • Administrator of the Year (2014)
  • Teacher of the Year (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:20 am
School end time
  • 3:05 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Mark Angell
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Direct instruction
  • Individually guided instruction
  • Teacher-run
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Tutor(s)

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Book/reading club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Public school

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
College Prep