PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The most amazing thing about this school is the love within its walls. They teach the love of Christ and how to love each other. The students really do seem to accept one another and to respect that which makes each young person unique. The treacherous middle school years are just way more pleasant at Immanuel. Each student understands their worth and their potential. They know they are loved by God, by the staff, and by peers. They are challenged academically at Immanuel and that is truly what every child needs. Students will rise to what is expected and they will be beyond ready for high school after graduating from Immanuel. This school is an answer to prayers!!!!

I was looking for a middle school that would be considered "high school prep" in the same way that some high schools are considered "college prep." I have not been disappointed. The curriculum here is challenging for my middle school student, and I have been very impressed with the mix between project work and individual work. I am pleased that although worksheets are used for many subjects, the learning is rounded out by projects (in teams and on your own). It's not easy; it's pretty rigorous. I'm very thankful to have found a school that has such a strong curriculum that is also teaching a Christian worldview. Even more, my child can do sports and many extracurricular activities. I can't believe they can pack all of this into a school the size of ILS, but I am thankful they do!

I attended Immanuel Lutheran School for my elementary and middle school years, and it provided me with not only a wonderful education that has been a strong foundation for continuing my education today, but it also provided me with the foundation for a successful life, and has inspired my strong faith. The teachers are wonderful, and are attentive to every student, Chapel is attended every week, they have before and after care, a wonderful preschool program, sports and extracurricular activities, as well as an excellent and compassionate staff. I was very blessed to have this educational opportunity.

After looking at several middle schools, we decided to enroll our son at Immanuel due to its excellent reputation and personal recommendations by friends. He has thrived there, with ample opportunities for extracurricular sports (which he loves), a challenging yet attainable curriculum, and positive teachers and classmates. I would recommend Immanuel to any family who is looking for a positive, Christian environment, excellent academics, opportunities for extracurricular activities (not just sports are available), and peers who truly seem to be a positive influence on one another.

Immanuel is an amazing school that has helped to mild my children into well rounded, intelligent, respectful kids! Immanuel allows them to learn in a safe environment with small class sizes. Their classes are aimed at preparing them for college even at a young age. They are also able to play sports, learn to play instruments, do art and most importantly learn about Christ!

Immanuel provides a safe and family-friendly environment in which students grow in their faith and grow in their appreciation of the world in which they live. Parents and faculty work together effectively.

Immanuel Lutheran School is a very special school. It's a place you feel comfortable leaving your children. The staff and teachers care about each child and really work to make it a loving, strong work environment. The kids seem happy to be at school and comfortable with the teachers and staff. The kids are learning a lot and the curriculum seems well rounded. I highly recommend this school!! Check it out and you will love it too!!

ILS is a top-notch school, with awesome leadership and hardworking, dedicated, inspiring teachers. It's no wonder they were recognized as a Blue Ribbon school. We transferred our daughter here and they truly turned her attitude and her academics around to where she now works hard and wants to do her best.

We found ILS six years ago and the moment we stepped onto the campus we felt the love and homey feeling the staff and students give off. Our kids are learning to be good role models for the future and we feel safe having them in a nurturing and God loving environment. They receive the best education you can ask for with the most dedicated teachers that work very long hours and are always willing to help our children academically. I only wish they had a high school too. God bless this school and church.

My two daughters and I happened on this school in the midst of a contentious and emotionally/financially difficult divorce. I can only say it was through the love of God that we ended up here. The teachers, principal, pastor, other parents, and congregation have been nothing but kind and loving towards my daughters. The biggest gift the school gives is a loving Christ-centered environment (and class sizes of about 12-15) and a school/church family that treats each child there as their own. That means kids are well behaved and none of that bullying stuff or mean girl stuff is really an issue here. However, I've also evaluated the school's academic standards from the perspective of a Ph.D. and graduate from Ivy League university and found them equal to much "fancier" and more expensive schools in the area. If you want your kiddos to get an excellent education, please consider this as one of the unsung heroes of elementary and middle school education in Albuquerque. While you're at it, consider joining the excellent church by the same name. God's blessings in your search for a great school and may our paths cross as you evaluate this school for your kiddo(s).

Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8