6-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Sandia Prep prides itself on the strong support provided to each individual student. With a student to teacher ratio of 7.8 to 1, an average class size of 15, and fewer than 10 students per advisor, we are able to address and meet the individual needs of each learner. All mid school courses, and most upper school courses, have course webpages on the school website to allow parents and students to see syllabi, assignments and other information. We provide detailed progress reports mid-way through each semester, and we hold advisory conferences at which students and parents review these reports with the child's advisor. We challenge each student to meet his or her potential, and we offer a range of courses in every subject area so that each student can find success based upon his or her aptitude and ability. Students who require extra help can meet with faculty members before or after school, during lunch, breaks or free periods, or they can arrange to work with students who offer peer tutoring or professional tutors employed by the school. For more information, visit www.sandiaprep.org
October 22, 2012

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Teachers, students and parents are always on top of any issues with subjects before they become an issue.

The development with our daughters academic potential is seem throughout the year with all of her subjects. The students are challenged often meet their challenges head on. Well worth the investment.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The homework is not just a bunch of busywork. The amount pf homework is also just right. The teachers also communicate with each other so if a big project was due in one subject the other teachers will adjust there work accordingly.

This is a great school with a wonderful and diverse community of students, parents and alumni. The teachers really do care about their students and go above and beyond to make sure they are successful. Academics are challenging and can be rigorous but I don't feel that they are too much and that will make the students here ready for college and any future endeavors they will have--They will be ready for anything!! They also have a wonderful athletics program, with a "no cut" policy for middle schoolers which give them the opportunity to try everything out. The variety of different activities they have is wonderful as well, my kids can explore new things and can learn from those activities and have fun as well. My kids are getting the best education possible from Sandia Prep!

This has been a wonderful school in the middle of the nation's worst education system. We went to this school because of the inclusiveness and respectful culture it maintains. Now in our 'Senior' year, I can not underestimate the importance of the college counseling system. I had no idea when we started here how important this would be. What a load off my shoulders!! and a great encouragement to my student. Yea Prep!

Our school is Sandia Preparatory in Albuquerque, NM. We are an independent, private school with superb attributes which only increase over eack school year. Everyone on campus at Sandia Prep smiles. Many teachers have been there 20-30 years, always challenging themselves to improve their teaching and personal skills. My two children received an exemplary education at Prep and they took this solid foundation into college and life.

I am a graduate of Sandia Prep and I cannot think of a better place to grow and learn not only academically but as a self-confident individual. I am so excited that my son will get to have some of the same experiences I was able to.

The new attendance policy needs to be adjusted. School field trips are considered absences this year and now I find out that students who have to miss a day due to religious holidays will also be counted as absent (there is no difference between excused and unexcused absences). The teachers are high quality. They are willing to help students during lunches and after school.

Sandia Prep has given my children an amazing education. They have excelled at college, having been given a tremendous academic foundation. In addition, they had fun, they learned to be particpating members of society, and they made connections with teachers and friends that they maintain to this day. I cannot say enough good things about this school.

We love the family feel of this school and the sense that all the teachers and staff know each of the students and are committed to their success! The focus on the whole person: academic, physical, expressive/creative, etc. was particularly attractive to us and we believe helps develop the most successful, happy individuals.

Last modified Sandia Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12