School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Sandia Prep prides itself on the strong support provided to each individual student. With a student to teacher ratio of 7.8 to 1, an average class size of 15, and fewer than 10 students per advisor, we are able to address and meet the individual needs of each learner. All mid school courses, and most upper school courses, have course webpages on the school website to allow parents and students to see syllabi, assignments and other information. We provide detailed progress reports mid-way through each semester, and we hold advisory conferences at which students and parents review these reports with the child's advisor. We challenge each student to meet his or her potential, and we offer a range of courses in every subject area so that each student can find success based upon his or her aptitude and ability. Students who require extra help can meet with faculty members before or after school, during lunch, breaks or free periods, or they can arrange to work with students who offer peer tutoring or professional tutors employed by the school. For more information, visit www.sandiaprep.org
October 22, 2012

Posted October 21, 2013
Our school is Sandia Preparatory in Albuquerque, NM. We are an independent, private school with superb attributes which only increase over eack school year. Everyone on campus at Sandia Prep smiles. Many teachers have been there 20-30 years, always challenging themselves to improve their teaching and personal skills. My two children received an exemplary education at Prep and they took this solid foundation into college and life.

Posted October 15, 2013
I am a graduate of Sandia Prep and I cannot think of a better place to grow and learn not only academically but as a self-confident individual. I am so excited that my son will get to have some of the same experiences I was able to.

Sandia Preparatory School 4

Posted October 14, 2013
The new attendance policy needs to be adjusted. School field trips are considered absences this year and now I find out that students who have to miss a day due to religious holidays will also be counted as absent (there is no difference between excused and unexcused absences). The teachers are high quality. They are willing to help students during lunches and after school.

Posted October 14, 2013
Sandia Prep has given my children an amazing education. They have excelled at college, having been given a tremendous academic foundation. In addition, they had fun, they learned to be particpating members of society, and they made connections with teachers and friends that they maintain to this day. I cannot say enough good things about this school.

Posted October 13, 2013
We love the family feel of this school and the sense that all the teachers and staff know each of the students and are committed to their success! The focus on the whole person: academic, physical, expressive/creative, etc. was particularly attractive to us and we believe helps develop the most successful, happy individuals.

Posted October 11, 2013
Our son is a Junior, our daughter is a Freshman, and both have been at Sandia Prep since 6th grade. While having dinner with them a couple of days ago, both told me how much they like the school, and were effusive in their praise of its teachers. Our daughter was even struggling with a decision whether to be out of school for an afternoon for a soccer game, because she hated to miss two of her classes which she loves. Our son was explaining Sandia Prep's superiority to other private schools in the area in a manner which showed his appreciation of the greatness of his teachers and coaches. As a parent, I appreciate the excitement about learning which both of them demonstrated, and I recognize the school's comprehensive focus on the full development of the student as a well rounded person. i appreciate the positive help teachers give each of them and the consistent feedback we get as parents from teachers.

Posted October 10, 2013
Sandia Prep allows my son to discover who he is and explore the possibilities that interest him. There is no pre-determined destiny mapped out for him. The school lets him decide who he is going to be and then assists him in every way to obtain his goals. It is a fantastic place.

Posted October 10, 2013
Sandia Prep is terrific. It cares about development of the student as a whole and provides many chances for the student to explore various topics and experiences. My daughter has had several chances to transfer to other independents schools and would not consider it.

Posted October 10, 2013
Sandia Preparatory School is everything that all of the other parents had raved about. It provides an amazing education with results, while balancing sports, arts, and other activities. They focus on the whole child and a complete education. We are so thankful for finding Sandia Prep, and we enthusiastically recommend Prep to everyone!

Posted October 10, 2013
My daughter has attended Sandia Prep since 6th grade and is now a senior. She has had an amazing educational experience. The teachers here are so supportive and involved. They really know their students. In addition to the the excellent academic opportunities, my daughter has participated in sports, the arts, student government and camping associates. Private education is never cheap, but I would say that every penny that we spent at Sandia Prep was worth it and we have no regrets. It's a great community for students and their families.

Sandia Preparatory School
532 Osuna Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87113
Last modified Sandia Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Sandia Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top