No rating

Manzano Day School

Private | PK-5 | 450 students

Living in Albuquerque

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $217,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted October 29, 2008

I have been disappointed in Manzano Day School. It was promoted by many people as being 'the best' in Albuquerque, but I have not found that to be the case. The Prinicipal and Administration are especially weak. There are nice things about the school like Fenton Ranch and Art, but the rest of the school is very mediocre. There is way too much emphasis on Chorus and Music which excludes too many students. Most of the families are nice but there is too much attention on money and things. I would probably not send my children there again.

Posted October 28, 2008

I feel we are getting an excellent education for our kids at Manzano Day School here in Albuquerque. We came from public school on the east coast, which had very high standards, and I find Manzano also has very high standards. In addition to that, Manzano integrates amazing programs such as nature studies at Fenton Ranch, choral singing with New Mexico Symphony, a musical theater production, as well as art and Spanish. My kids also enjoy participating in chess club, math Olympiads and science club. Teachers are nurturing and make learning fun; head of school continually strives for new levels of excellence; family and community at Manzano are wonderful!

Posted March 28, 2008

Our daughter has attended Manzano Day School since Pre-K. She truly has experienced 'Joy in Learning.' The campus is beautiful, the faculty and staff are nurturing and caring, the curriculum is challenging, and the parents are involved and supportive. All these things contributre to the outstanding education she is receiving. The co-curricular classes as well as special programs are educating the whole child. Not only is she excelling in math, science and literature, but her love for art and music have only been strengthened by the excellent curriculum. We made the right decision to send her to Manzano Day School.

Posted March 12, 2008

I am very fortunate to have been able to send my two children to Manzano Day School. Manzano provided my children with a solid educational foundation, which helped them acclimate academically and socially to middle and high school. Manzano has a strong sense of community among the students, parents, facility and administration. Manzano's facility is wonderful. They teach each child based upon the child's best learning approach. The class size is small and the curriculum is challenging. I can't say enough about the facility at Manzano. They are terrific and take a personal interest in each and every child. The facility is first rate and the administration is supportive. You will not find a better learning environment anywhere. My children are thriving because of the education they received at Manzano.

Posted March 7, 2008

All three of my children attended Manzano Day School from K-5. It was an absolutely wonderful place for them to begin their education, grow and become who they are. They received an excellent foundation in every regard, and have been very successful in private middle and high school. The teachers provide a warm, safe, fun, and interesting environment for young children - the perfect start! Manzano has continued to improve and expand their curriculum, and I'm especially happy with the increased focus on Science and Math. Throw in the unique experiences of Fenton Ranch and the other extracurriculars and you've got the best elementary education possible! Sending our children to Manzano is one of the best investments we've ever made.

Posted March 5, 2008

We have been at MDS since 1998 and are very happy with the educational experience. Our kids have been well prepared for private middle school. The co-curricular courses (Art, Spanish, Music etc.) are outstanding and an important part of a well balanced education. The musical performed by the 4th and 5th graders is always fun and an amazing opportunity for the kids. The facilities at Fenton Ranch add so much to the educational experience our kids still go back for the summer camps. The parents are very involved and their participation is encouraged and welcomed by the faculty and staff. We have made many lasting friendships with the teachers and staff over the years. The faculty is the strength of the school. They genuinely care about your child and are concerned with helping them to reach their full potential. My kids love to go back and visit with their old teachers.

Posted February 22, 2008

Our daughter graduated from Manzano last year, and just loved the school. She went into the 5th grade with a 12th grade reading level and is now a voracious reader. She loves going back to the school and visiting her old teachers.

Posted May 20, 2007

My daughter attended Manzano Day School and I found it to be a bit too traditional and controlling. She did not transition to Middle School as well as we would have hoped. The Math program did not provide her an understanding of processes and concepts.

Posted May 11, 2007

My daughter has been attending Manzano Day School since Pre K and we could not be happier with her development. Not only does she love to go to school she is above grade level in every subject. The teachers are phenomenal and the parent involvement is outstanding. When people ask if we have an investment account we say yes our daughter.

Posted October 29, 2006

Manzano Day School is not only a place to learn, it is a place to make friends. We moved from the east coast and were amazed by everybody! Our family has really blossomed at MDS.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 19, 2006

My son went to APS school then transferred to Manzano Day. The words night and day do not begin to express the difference. My son comes home excited everyday. He is talking about science, music, Spanish and art. We talked about Monet and Degas during on drive home. This is what education should be!!

Posted September 14, 2006

It has a great facility that is being upgraded and a fine head of school. It also has mediocre teachers, a tired curriculum that is especially weak in science and math and a group of privileged families that get special teatment. My child attended for several years and then began attending a public school in a different city and the children at her new school were much more advanced than those at Manzano.

Posted January 25, 2006

Mazano Day School is not just one of Albuquerque's finest schools, but one of the region's finest schools. The teachers are dedicated and highly professional, the administration is energetic and committed. The parents are caring and devoted, and the kids are fun, interested, and polite. There is a great diversity among the student body, and the kids are very accepting of each other and their differences. The school advertises that it provides 'Joy in Learning' and it fulfills on that claim. If you are truly committed to your child getting the best possible education and spending time with people who will genuinely care about the whole child's well being, this is the school for you.

Posted May 10, 2004

There is no better school in Albuquerque for your elementary school aged child. Period. Great community, great academics, great extras...the whole package. My daughter has blossomed socially, academically, intellectually...A+

Posted February 29, 2004

All three of my children have attended Manzano Day School. I feel it's the best investment I could have made in my children's future. The school is truly focused on the individual child - helping each child to develop their strengths and improve their weaknesses. Since instituting the FAST reading program every single child reads at grade level or above. 40% of 5th graders read at 11th grade level or higher. I really can't say enough about the wonderful teachers, the outstanding curriculum, including music, art and Spanish.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30 a.m.
School end time
  • 3:30 p.m.
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Spanish

• Computer lab
  • Library

School culture

• Our school has a very active parents' association and parents are welcome on our campus.