PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

I think I will save my money for a private middle school for my child instead. Some of the APS public schools are wonderful as well as a few charter schools, and that would provide a more inclusive and real experience of the peoples in the world as compared to the rarefied elitism of MDS.

Amount of homework: Agree

Has homework but we are able to complete in within an hour. Love the projects they have the kids do.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Has a boys group where the boys come together to talk about anything that is happening or questions they may have. MDS does not tolerate bullying and has a great focus on the community.

Marzano Day School is the best school I have had the privilege to have my child attend. I wish I had would have known about the school with my other two children. My son attended a public school until the 2nd grade I didn't see that my son was progressing at the rate that we expected when we decided to move him to Manzano. Within the first 6 months the wonderful teachers at the Peterson Learning Center (Ms. Foreman) helped us determine my son had a learning disability (dyslexia). With the support of the school and teachers my son who is now in the 4th grade is now a confident reader who loves school. We are unfortunately leaving the state and will not be able to send our son to 5th grade but will always appreciate the education he received. We had nothing but great teachers and the administration was very hands on with the kids. They are out every morning to greet the kids coming into school. We feel that every penny we have spent and given to the school was worth it.

My son attended from k through 3rd grade. We are filling out applications for middle. These apps are asking for current Math/ English teachers names and email addresses so that they can be contacted them for recommendations. My reason for leaving, kids are grouped math ability starting at 2nd my son tested into the "highest" group, in third grade I he "tested" into the one of the middle groups, and the kids go through trimester testing to determine placement.At the 2nd trimester his teacher informed me my son should move down a group All this time he was achieving nearly 100% on tests and class work.Just after the last trimester test at I told the teacher that I hope my son would be able to enter Academy she replied that his math ability was not up to their standards I was shocked based on his in class math scores and demanded he be moved to the more competitive math classes, he was begrudgingly moved up two classes and earned an A . The teacher disconnect between his placement test and course work and how could I trust her valuation of my son to the middle school.

Paying for 2 children in this school is not easy, but I pay every month knowing that I am sending them to a place where not only are learning, they are being truly cared for. I have been a Manzano parent for 4years, and it has definitely exceeded expectations academically. The teachers we have had are like family to us. I have an over achiever as well as a standard student, and I feel like they have both been pushed beyond their comfort level. They both adore going to this school, and thank me often for sending them there. Manzano Day school sets the educational foundation that will set my kids up for a lifetime of success.

I spent the first couple months my daughter went here looking for some reason to yank her out and NOT pay for her education. I couldn't find even one tiny reason not to send her here. It is a wonderful place. She thrives. We pay, but really what investment is more important?

Our son was at Manzano Day School last year for kindergarten and we had a wonderful experience there. We had to move this summer out of state. When we were searching for a new school in the spring, we truly realized how special MDS is. The program is not for all children but our son thrived in the structured environment and traditional education model. He absorbed so much from the enriched learning activities. We felt like the curriculum was well thought out, not only for his year but year to year. Our son loved sharing his new knowledge from school and we loved seeing the joy he had teaching us new facts. He was excited about learning and that was really important to us. His teachers were kind, smart and professional and our family had a wonderful working relationship with them. There seemed to be the right balance of traditional academics, electives and recess. MDS is expensive and that limits the families that can go there. We were pleasantly surprised at how fun and down to earth most of the families were.

Just to clarify, my review today listed me as a teacher, but I am a PARENT of children attending MDS.

First of all, let me say that if your child doesn't or hasn't attended Manzano Day School, you cannot accurately and honestly rate the school. There is no such thing as a perfect school, and MDS may not the right school for every child, but it is the right fit for our family. When my kids were little, I heard great things about the school, but I took it upon myself to look into public, private and Christian schools that were within 10 miles of our house. I didn't want to like Manzano, but I was blown away at the open house. Fourth graders were showing us around the school, and were so respectful and articulate. I didn't want to have to pay for private school tuition for my kids, but when you see the beautiful campus and all the resources the school has to offer (including the teachers of course), you have no doubt where the money goes. Yes, there are some "wealthy" families that go to this school, but there are also 2 parents working families that rely on financial aid to help them pay for school. It's the diversity among the families of this school that help make it so great. We value a well-rounded education while providing a nurturing, safe environment for our kids.

Last modified Manzano Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5