Posted February 12, 2014
I love this school. Please note that the negative reviews were from 4 years ago. This school was excellent when my children started attending 4 years ago and from then it has only gotten progressively BETTER. I have asked this sites administration to remove the false statements as teachers are NOT allowed to watch movies in the classroom, but even so if they do they are short educational clips that are relevant to the curriculum and useful for teaching. There is a lot of competition out there but please know that there is nothing that compares to a Christian environment where your child will learn and grow not only academically but spiritually. Teachers meet regularly and pray for the students. Evangel has been a great place for my kids, all the way from Pre-k and beyond. Communication has been superb this year and although as a parent mentioned earlier, they are not perfect but aim to improve every year!!

Posted January 07, 2014
My son is in the first grade and also attended kinder there as well. He loves it and we love it. My parents are educators, I am an educator and we all are christians and everything just seemed to line up with this school. My son is challenged in his course work and also include scripture within their subject matters. It is a great school and I highly recommend it.

Posted July 12, 2013
I have 2 children at Evangel Christian Academy and am very happy with the school. The small class sizes and caring teachers set Evangel apart from many other schools. Any time my children have needed extra help or if my husband or I had a question, the teachers and staff were very caring. As I read a few other reviews about "mandatory fundraisers", I have to admit that I was confused. My kids have attended Evangel for many years and fundraisers have never been mandatory. Yes, many fundraisers are offerred, but I never felt as though I HAD to participate in all of them.

Posted January 09, 2013
I have both a high school and middle school student at Evangel. I have been very pleased to see my high schooler have the opportunity of completing dual-credit college classes at the local community college. ECA provides transportation for the students to make this easy for the parents and students and fits this into the normal schedule. My middle school student has enjoyed many opportunities in athletics and fine arts at the school and I have greatly appreciated the small class sizes and Christian environment. Evangel has been an excellent location for our family. I am pleasd that we have our children here.

Posted August 15, 2011
My child has been attending ECS for the last 4 years. (from K4-2nd grade) She loves the curriculum and is very fond the teachers and likes the emphasis on receiving a christian education. I appreciate the class size and also that she is in a christian environment. I really like that she is surrounded with children who are being brought up in a christian environment. It also seems to me that she is getting a better education than offered by the public school district; APS. This schools test scores are higher on average than APS and the students are reading at an earlier age as well. It would be nice if the school had a PTO as well, and fewer fund raisers. Uniforms are mandatory, but the school has an clothing exchange available, and new students can purchase used clothing from the school as well for much cheaper than the cost of buying new uniforms from local retailers. Tuition seems to be a high for the overall value when compared to other private schools in the area, when you add in the extra costs of lunch, mandatory fund raisers, after school programs, fine arts and sports program fees, it can be a overwhelming. But they do offer financial aid to those who qualify.

Evangel Christian Academy 4

Posted April 08, 2011
My daughter attends Kindergarten at Evangel and I am amazed at how she has progressed. I teach first grade and I wish my first graders could come to me reading even half as well as she does. I like the school and the teachers are caring. However, the secretary is not as helpful or even polite. As other parents have mentioned, the tuition is great but the fund raisers are bordering on ridiculous! Four dollars for each casual dress day 3 or 4 times a month (and sometimes one or two weeks a month) adds up! Not to mention the walk-a-thons, buddy barrels and sales fundraisers. I do support the bake sales that the clubs do, perhaps that is because I know where the money is going. They really need to do a better job with parent communication and the fund raising. Most times I get the newsletters on the last day of the month (March on April 1st) and I check the backpack everyday. With all that being said (fundraiser fatigue, and administration's lack of communication), the teachers are doing an amazing job teaching children to be well rounded, Godly, and kind. In a world where most students are rude or indifferent to adults, I can honestly say that is not the case at this school!

Evangel Christian Academy 2

Posted October 07, 2010
Tuition costs looked good upon entry, but additional costs, like the many mandatory fund raisers, really added up. We found the high school academics to be weak, and the sports programs were either absent or very poorly done. The costs of the sports program were extremely high. The Christian emphasis was very weak as well.

Evangel Christian Academy 1

Posted September 14, 2010
The "curriculum" deposit was outrageous, no response from the director, unsecure when someone else picked up my kids, didn't feel we got what we paid for, they had free play and movies all day.

Evangel Christian Academy 3

Posted March 19, 2010

Posted June 26, 2008
My son just finished his second grade year at Evangel Christian Academy. He was in public school for first grade. What a difference! I am a high school teacher and athletics coach in New Mexico. I know the difference between a great school and the best. My son has excelled academically and looks forward to school. He has matured to a young gentleman. Most of all, at a very young age he has a relationship with an Almighty God. Evangel mirrors the faith-walk we teach our children at home. At Evangel, Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior!

Evangel Christian Academy
4501 Montgomery Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM  87109
Last modified Evangel Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Evangel Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top