La Luz Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2009
La Luz has seen a vast improvment in the last 2 years or so. New programs have been implemented and the students are growing in their education. The staff seems really committed to excel in the classroom. My family has been in the La Luz district 3 years and our daughter is excelling because of the extra time out of each day put aside to cater to her needs. They do need a lot more parent involvment. There is now a discipline system in place which can be seen when I pick my daughter up from school. I would reccomend this school because the teachers look like they're working very hard to help all of the students there. And they have a friendly office staff which has helped my throughout the year.

La Luz Elementary School 5

Posted March 22, 2009

La Luz Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2009

La Luz Elementary School 0

Posted May 06, 2008
This school has been a very bad experience for me. I have had many problems with discrimintaion and intolerance here. This has come from people who should know better. The principal has np discipline plan and many children have suffered because of it. There is a negative staff environment in which teachers are berated when they speak up. Many children are not having their needs met. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Especially anyone from a low SES or with a non mainstream religion.

La Luz Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2008
Since we got our new principal I feel our school has improved tremendously. My husband, my daughter as well a myself have all seen a huge improvement. In my oponion the only thing that is lacking is parent involvement. If parents took the time to get more involved with their children as well as their child's teachers we might reach better test scores.

La Luz Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2006
La Luz is not a very good school in my opinion. The staff doen't communicate effectively with parents. They seem to dismiss parent complaints and the teachers are not very welcoming.

La Luz Elementary School
225 Griegos Rd NW, Albuquerque, NM  87107
Last modified La Luz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Luz Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.