Albuquerque, NM

Longfellow Elementary School 5

Posted February 05, 2014
Our PTO/WatchDOGS meetings were very informative and successful last night. We discussed innovative concepts for our next school year's parent/student/teacher/admin. compact and School Family Engagement Involvement Policy.

Longfellow Elementary School 5

Posted July 12, 2013
My child just finished 5th grade at Longfellow, my other child will be going to 2nd grade. I got to say the staff is kind and willing to go beyond limits for their students. My child's 5th grade teacher is amazing. Sra. Acabal really prepares these students for middle school, she helps them go back and refocus something they may have forgot and helps th tp retain their skills in all areas. My child is independant and learning not to fear school changes. Mrs. Trujillo and Mrs. Martinez were a great team, they picked up the pieces of gaining a classroom that hadn't been fillled yet and created a phenomenol 1st grade class. They are well organized and focused on each students abilities. I look forward to continue my child's education at Longfellow. Mr. Ulibarri is a great principle and communicates with all parents, children and the community. The extra curriculor activities are great. Dance, soccer, tennis, and basketball are a great way to keep our children active. Thank You for the great years and the years to come.

Posted June 16, 2012
My child just finished 5th grade at Longfellow. It is a small school with too much to offer but they need to be more organized and more supportive with the dual language education. Some teachers are outstanding!!! It is so sad to see some of them leaving Longfellow. Mr U is the best principal they can get. I am very thankful for all of those teachers who help my child during the past years Specially! Sra. Mendoza, Sra. Olguin, Sra. Marcano, Sra. Arzate, Sra. Acabal, Sra, Chavez, Coach B & Sr. Reyes. The Dual Language is something from the past. The FIne Arts Program is nothing anymore except for Sra. Sandoval, she is the only who believes on it. The office is a disaster with the two new ladies who work there.

Longfellow Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2011
As a mother/grandma and being part of the Longfellow Family for the past 15 years plus being part of the community, I will not blame the teachers either the past administrators, I will blame APS about their point of view about a dual language program. The big mistake they did was moving from a 90/10 to a 50/50 program I can understand their point of view but they never explained to the community. It is so sad seing the APS wants to remove not only an excellent program but also with all the budget cuts we are losing more and more teachers plus a great Fine Arts Program. This is not the only dual language school that is suffering. We pulled out our grandaughter from LFES two years ago and take her to Coronado and it was worst over there. My son decided to enroll her back to LFES. The main problem comes from the district not for the teachers. They are excellent and know very well about dual language but with all the new reading/math program and poor support from APS at least they are doing the best they can to offer an excellent quality of education on each grade level. In the past we had few teachers very upset creating a bad environment but they already left.

Longfellow Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2011
Having Mr. U as a principal is making a big different. He was my children principal and now with my grandkids as well. Every day not only the staff, parents & principal are working very hard to offer an outstanding and unique dual language program. I am very impressed about how well they have been doing this school year. Sincerely, The Grannie

Posted May 18, 2011
My child has been at Longfellow since preschool and is now going to middle school and over the years the school programs have gone down a lot. My child has had some good teachers some not so good. The dual language program is the worst ive ever seen! Years ago Longfellow was the top school to go to but ever since the change is numerous principals and the language program I have seen many students transfer out. My child is struggling with school and the language program i feel catered to students already speaking spanish.

Posted May 17, 2011
Low teacher quality, not a good enough dual language program, will be pulling my children at the end of the school year. I fear all the good, strong dual language staff is gone...somewhere else.

Posted April 04, 2011
This is a wonderful school. The staff cares about all students. This year they offered many after school enrichment opportunities for free, including sewing club, tennis club, puppet club, math club, basketball, soccer, family literacy nights, extended learning (tutoring) plus drama/art/music/library/PE and 50/50 spanish immersion program.

Posted April 02, 2011
I have been part of the Longfellow family for 4years now, the teachers are wonderful and caring always willing to go, go the extra mile.

Posted April 27, 2010
My child went to this school since we are in the district. The supposed Arts program is no good, the teachers do not have any background or creativity, I do not know what previous parent bloating about. They have a 50/50 program (Spanish/engligh), for the federal funding $ ,however their setting kids for failure since in reality NM is still English speaking in working world,

Longfellow Elementary School
400 Edith NE, Albuquerque, NM  87102
Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top