Posted September 24, 2014
My child has been attending Sandia Montessori School since she was 2 years old and is now in the Elementary Program. She has been learning so much from every teacher she has encountered. Every room has been presentable and I am happy she is in a clean and safe environment. I encourage all parents to volunteer to be more fully involved in their child's learning.

Posted September 24, 2014
I am a grandmother of three girls that attend Sandia Montessori School starting in the 2 year old room to the Elementary room. I have been very thorough about ensuring that their health and safety is met on a daily basis and have only great things to say about my experience here. The classrooms, bathrooms, kitchen area, and playground have always been presentable and any concerns I did have were handled appropriately and immediately. However, as a grandmother I feel it is inappropriate for me to investigate the boys bathroom! The girls bathroom has never had feces on the wall or been as filthy as previously posted. I do have a concern however that a male is entering the girls bathrooms. I addressed this with the staff and appropriate measures have been taken.

Sandia Montessori School Of Albuquerque 2

Posted June 06, 2014
My children were transferred into this school mid school year and the school was very accommodating. We like Mrs. Debra the elementary teacher very much. However, the bathrooms are filthy! The girls bathroom had feces on the wall and the boys floor had pee that had been there for a long time. I advised a staff member they were absolutely filthy and had not been cleaned in sometime. After being assured they were cleaned routinely, I walked the staff member to the bathroom for a show and tell. I got down on the floor with wet paper towels and scrub the pee off the floor. I was called by the director and ensured the cleaning staff would fix the problem immediately. Four days later I did another inspection. Again, the bathrooms were not cleaned. I just could not allow my children to stay at a school with filthy restroom any longer.

Posted December 04, 2012
My child has been going to this school since she was two years old and is now in the kindergarten program and doing amazing work. The teachers and owner/president of this school are always available to the parents and children. I will be keeping my child here through the fifth grade. The teachers also do a wonderful job with children who have special educational needs.

Sandia Montessori School Of Albuquerque 1

Posted June 01, 2012
I have recently had a terrible experience with this school. After months of working with the staff of the school and a therapy group to assist with my son's delays, my son continued to not meet their standards to move to the next class. My son is autistic. They were aware of his delays. They had his IEP on file. However, they continued to take our money and not live up to their promises. We had hope that they would assist us in potty training (as purported to on their website), however they were "too busy" with two other kids who were potty training. I was furious. After bringing up potty training to the lead teacher of the 2-year old classroom, I was blindsided with a meeting in which they informed me that they didn't think they could handle my son. The next day (a Thursday) I was informed that they had decided to disenroll him, though he could stay for one last week...yet they had already packed up all his stuff for me. I was distraught. We did not stay the week. I took my son home. For weeks, I had to reassure him that he was a good boy and that it wasn't his fault that he could no longer go play with his friends. He had been at this school for over 9 months.

Posted January 11, 2012
My son has attended this school for the past year. He started at 3, and is now 4. I love this school and everything about it. He has excelled and learned so much since attending, and Miss Vicki is a wonderful and amazing person. I've had plenty of long conversations with her about my son and she is always so helpful and encouraging. She has always been there for me, and has helped me out a great deal. I love my son's teachers and am so happy he is here. He will stay at Sandia as long as we can keep him there.

Posted April 06, 2008
Very commited to learning and Montessori methods. My neice is very well prepared for elementary school now and can already read! The staff are well qualified and the owners really work hard by being available every day when parents and children arrive and leave. Vikki and John (owners) work with parents to ensure that they are satisfied with their child's educational experience and are receiving individualized help.

Posted March 14, 2007
My daughter has gone to this school for 2 years now. By the time she was done with pre-k she was reading and doing basic math. Since then she has excelled. The teachers are wonderful and really care about how the children are doing. The low student/teacher ratio is a huge plus. It is a small school so you get to know everyone who is going in and out of the school daily which is makes me feel that my daughter is in a safer environment. The Montessori way of teaching is excellent. everything is hands on. the children never sit in front of a board staring at the back of a teacher. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a wonderful loving teaching environment for their child.

Sandia Montessori School Of Albuquerque
3240 Juan Tabo Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM  87111
Last modified Sandia Montessori School Of Albuquerque is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Sandia Montessori School Of Albuquerque Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top