Posted June 22, 2014
Great teachers. We like that Enriched or Advanced classes have been offered. Would like to see more choices for students for electives. The principal is more concerned with enforcing small rules/micromanaging instead of connecting with students and parents. The teachers offer great instruction. The opportunity is there for this to be a stand out school, but the administration seems stuck on creating an institution instead of a community.

Posted August 02, 2013
Love this school! 98% of the students are so kind and intelligent. The teachers are so great except for specific few. They really embrace teaching to every single student's individual learning style.

Posted July 08, 2013
I just finished my middle school portion of my academic career and Madison middle school was an ok school the teachers are not strict just plain out rude some teachers pick favorites and no matter how much you file a complaint and parents call the principle does nothing I went there all 3 years and every year I had a teacher who would give you work, lose your work, or just give you an F even if you got the problem right. But there are those teachers who really do care and will work with you one on one to make sure you understand the concept. Now to the students there is a some bullying but not to much but there is a problem with drugs there is constantly students "smoking" so be sure to keep a close eye on who you child is hanging out with. There are some great after school programs and a great choice of electives. I play violin and the orchestra teacher there is amazing if you need help she will stay with you after school to help you. The band teacher is amazing to she helps all her students after school also. Over all Madison middle school is an ok school there is some problems but that's with all schools and it has some great programs. I would recommend coming here.

Posted June 24, 2013
The teachers are caring and my child has shown great improvement from 6th grade and now going into 8th grade.

Posted October 21, 2012
I love this school. Everyone is professional and cares about the kids. There are a lot of activities after school. The principal sends out weekly information. The new counselors are connected to the kids.

Posted August 12, 2012
Madison is a great school. The teachers are professional. There are plenty of after school activities, and communication with parents is maintained.

Posted March 04, 2012
Overall, this is a great school! Both of my children attend Madison, and we have had a positive experience with the staff being very responsive to communication and eager to work with students to help them succeed. The special education department has been somewhat lacking in providing support for my daughter who needs minimal assistance, but the Advanced Placement programs have been fabulous! The band teacher is a Golden Apple award winner and gives every ounce of herself to her students' success. The majority of the staff is very involved in the personal growth of each student, and there is a wonderful selection of extra-curricular activities available. I purposely bought my home in order for my children to attend Madison and Sandia High School, and am very glad I did so!

Madison Middle School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
My son goes to Madison Middle school. He loves it. The teachers are friendly and willing to coomunciate with me through e-mails about his schoolwork and grades.

Posted April 09, 2010

Posted January 28, 2010
Im currently a 7th grader at madison, & i like it okay. I've been reading the reviews from other students & parents & there are some things i agree & disagree on. The thing i liked about Madison is that when they have a great jump-start day for 6th graders, i had a really great jump-start day last year. They let fellow students help the new 6th graders around, plus its a great opprotonity to meet new friends. They also have a good at-lunch program for kids who might not have anyone to hang out at lunch, i find that very nice, even though i don't go. I find some of the teachers very annoying an un-aware. the school also isn't that organized. but Madison Middle School does have a lot of after school clubs & sports, & great electives. The Home Ec/FACS teacher is the best [:

Madison Middle School
3501 Moon NE, Albuquerque, NM  87111
Last modified Madison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.