Posted November 01, 2013
I don't have a kid that go there thank God! but after learning that one of their school counselors was involved in child abuse, bullying and harassment is working there? WOW! Check the public record if you think I'm joking.

Posted October 21, 2013
My school has really great kids and they are all very nice, but the teachers are not really good at teaching. they do not interact with the kids enough they just talk and assume that we can soak in all that information. Manzano is really going to help me get a good future because the only reason I am attending this school is to play varsity basketball. Manzano is a pretty good school but who am I to say its the best.

Manzano High School 3

Posted August 13, 2012
My son graduated 3 months ago. My impressions follow: Great English department; hopefully the same teachers continue. Great band program. The science teachers seem genuinely interested in the kids; but the administration doesn't help them much. Some teachers in the math department have the practice of retrieving the tests after the students have looked at them. This prevents the students from later studying the problems they missed. It also means the teacher won't have to worry about students sharing the same test with next year's class. In my education, this happened rarely, and was detrimental to learning. I don't think Manzano's math teachers are overly energetic, nor effective. When I called to talk to teachers, about 40% of them didn't call back unless an e-mail was sent to them with a copy to the Vice-Principal. Good teachers would call back within 24 hours, usually the same day. The others could take a week or more. If I had an issue with their teaching method (usually math), they would put the focus on my child, rather than their method. This seemed to be a common technique they used to keep from admitting any culpability or drawback of their own.

Posted April 20, 2011
Almost done with my Freshman year here at Manzano. There is one specifi teachers I'll never forget and that's my Biology teacher, Mr. Duran. He really really cares about his students and will give you his full honest insight about anything. But overall I don't think the teachers really care. Sports and BAND! Is huge! GO BAND(: Clarinets all the waaay:) If you want more socializing than education then go here. I'm hoping to go to Eldorado next year for a better education.

Posted March 25, 2011
THE BAND IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!! BAND BAND BAND BAND BAND BAND BAND BAND BAND!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE TUBAS!!!!!! GO BAND!!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 27, 2010
Very unhappy with this school. The teachers don't care actually the whole school don't care. My daughter went through 5 math teachers and still didn't find a good one. The spanish teacher she had, he had his favorites (the blondes) only. APS school system is not a great system at all.

Posted July 19, 2008
I love this school!!!!!! There are great teachers that are willing to stay after school and cut into their on time and help you. You can fit in any where here at Manzano. I am glad I am a student there!!!!!!!!

Posted July 17, 2008
Manzano is a great school. It's great for kids who aren't involved in sports and are independent. I enjoy the school, don't go in for counseling, and get to know your teachers. It's not hard, it's dedication

Posted July 12, 2008
Amazing School - strong teacher/parent commitment to the students. The best principle in APS.

Posted April 22, 2008
Very disapointed in the teaching staff and the counceling department. As a divorced working mother I tried to keep updated on my son's progress using every means possible. I logged onto the web site to try and keep up with his grades. This does not work because all the teachers are not required to post grades to the web site (because; I was told '...some teachers are not very confident with using a computer.' (are we not in the 21st century?) and those who choose to post grades do not do it timely or regularly. I tried to call his counselor. This did not work because the couselor was never in and very rarely returned the calls. His secretary was more help but by the time I found her a week later she left the school. They want parents involved? Why don't they help us keep involved?

Manzano High School
12200 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87112
Last modified Manzano High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manzano High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top