Posted May 19, 2014
This school does great with children who have sever disabilities. How ever with that being said they are not so good with kindergarden! The teachers are allowed to favor certain children making others feel left out. The test score for this school are horrible! My son is slightly hyper (due to him being a 5 year old!) and they suggested putting him on pills even though I stated more than once that this is not an option!! They are never up to date with schedules and expect way to much of a kindergartner! Acting as if preschool is a requirement!! I am happy to say my son will be going to a new school next year! I am willing to drive across town to make sure my child gets the attention and education he deserves instead of having to be constantly discipline for simply being new to how school works! They do no preparing for them and they don't even celebrate graduations!!! If I could is give zero stars but my kids like the swings!

Posted May 10, 2012
This school is great if you have a severely disabled child. My older child went to school here and did amazing, my younger child has been going here for the 2011-2012 school year and it was a total waste of time. My child is a very hyper child and was put with a teacher that couldnt deal with a hyper child. My child spent the whole year in trouble and was labeled as a problem child. This school puts kinder kids in detention instead of teaching them how to handle in class situations. Kindergarden is a year to learn how to conduct themselfe in the classroom and with other children. Mark Twain does not teach this they just have an office full of kindergardeners in detention missing resess. The ladies in the office are amazing the rest of the support staff as well, but the teacher my child had was teaching the wrong grade and the principal and assistant principal are no help at all. I pulled my child from this school and at the new school it took 5 minutes for the staff to realize what my child needed and offer help. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED with Mark Twain. My child started to hate school thankfully at the new school things are looking better.

Posted October 11, 2010
It is a fantastic school that has a specialty for working with special needs students.

Mark Twain Elementary School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
I think the school is good lots of teacher involvement. I do think the homework needs to be given out more.

Posted February 01, 2010
My child went to Mark Twain and I was very unhappy with the school and the staff that I come into contact with

Mark Twain Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Mark Twain does a great job of including severely disabled students in the regular education classrooms. The staff is wonderful!!

Posted February 05, 2009
The staff are amazing, because the school is small each child is known as an individual by all teachers. Gives me a piece of mind that they have my son in their best interest.

Posted September 15, 2008

Mark Twain Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2007
- a administrator
Mark Twain is a good school. What I like most about the school is the ratio. This gives the kids more one on one with their teachers.

Mark Twain Elementary School
6316 Constitution NE, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top