6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted November 19, 2015
Some are outstanding but hey, they left! It looks like a bunch were forced out and they readily accepted retirement but others like the librarians and other teachers were let go.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 19, 2015
You end up wasting your time on the wrong things when we should be gearing up for college not trying to make them look good.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 19, 2015
Mollycoddles you and you're set up for failure but giving you a false sense of achievement. It's kind of fake, and they do things like group testing in a math class, that's just fraud.

Bosque School 1

Posted November 19, 2015
My advisor was detached during our parent-teacher conference, and in fact doodled during our conversation. School fired or let go good teachers, the librarians, even the bus driver then asked for donations - looks like they're mismanaging financial affairs. Several good teachers, the best have quit. Tried to participate in sports, many of us that weren't favorites sat on the bench, and would have done so for years. The principal, head of school who fancies himself as an educator, viciously attacked my parents when they asked about it. I don't know why I ever went there, it was just terrible. Nice location though!

Posted November 05, 2015
As a Bosque parent I was surprised by the personal attacks and misinformation in the review posted below. Some excellent teachers have left (retirement, moved to be near aging parents, etc.), but the replacement teachers have been outstanding. Some students have left (family moved, financial situation changed, etc.)—which isn’t uncommon. I haven’t heard of any teacher or family leaving because of the administration. We do find the administration has zero tolerance for bad behavior, and students are held accountable for their actions, including suspensions and expulsions. Our children take rigorous, honors-level courses and have no more than one free block per day. The study hall is important because of the heavy homework load. If a student has 2-3 frees per day then that is a poor choice made by the student and/or parent who signs off on what sounds like a minimum course load. Seniors do have privileges to leave campus; it is forbidden for other students, and it is inaccurate to suggest otherwise. Some public high schools do have advantages—more team sports and facilities, greater diversity, and less financial burden. These are compelling incentives. For us, at Bosque, we like the strong emphasis on reading and writing papers starting in 6th grade. We like the small class sizes that allow teachers to engage and support students. We like that there is an authentic engagement with the community—Horizons at Bosque offers enrichment programs to APS elementary school students, Sofia at Bosque fosters professional development for educators, BEMP, a joint project with UNM, conducts research on the Bosque ecosystem, plus there are numerous service learning programs in place. Finally, we find the administrators and teachers are devoted and care deeply about the students, value academic achievement and integrity; and in turn, we are struck by the kindness of students, their passion for learning, and the abundance of raw talent. So, Bosque has its advantages, too, which set it apart from other schools—both public and private.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
Pampers students way too much. Too many instances of parents stepping in for kids who don't do their part and expect to be bailed out.

Bosque School 3

Posted March 13, 2015
The school has a very nurturing environment. The arts and athletics departments are top-notch. Academically, there should be more rigor as this is supposed to be a college preparatory school. Scholastic performance seems to be a secondary and grade inflation is a big issue.

Posted June 13, 2014
Bosque's performing art include drama, technical theater, choir, band, jazz ensemble, string ensemble, wind ensemble, dance and guitar. My daughter's involvement in performing arts has shown her what she is capable of accomplishing and has built her confidence.

Posted May 01, 2014
Bosque School is amazing. They have an interactive and challenging program. They have accelerated/honors programs. It is a small community where the teachers care! I can email any teacher and within the hour I have a response. Teachers stay after school or offer help during activity period. The course work is compelling. I read the posts below and it appears that some were written by students not in attendance at the school. These forums can be manipulated. Go, check out the school for yourself. Find someone who attends and talk to them about it. If you are looking for a school where the kids are safe and the grounds are pleasant, and the program college prep with honors & advanced options, Bosque is your School. I am very pleased.

Posted December 07, 2013
Bosque school has changed my life for the better. Yeah, there are certain people that will party, that will happen anywhere. But, I have never felt like going to Bosque was a bad decision. I know that I can go to any of the teachers with any issue and they will care about me and help me get through it. Every one of the teachers WANTS to be there and will work their hardest to reach their students, I know that isn't the case with every private high school. Bosque has been a second home to me and my classmates/teachers have become a second family. The current headmaster on his first week made an effort to learn every single student's name and meet them in person, I haven't felt that type of community anywhere else. From the second I walked onto campus as a 6th grader, I felt more welcomed than I had at any other school. It would be nice if there was more of a variety in classes, but the small class sizes is worth it.

4000 Learning Road NW, Albuquerque, NM  87120