Bad
Good

I have been wonderfully surprised by this school. We initially put in a transfer for other school for my daughter's kindergarden year but our name was not drawn. Since attending McCollum, however, we have had nothing but positive experiences. My daughter has been appropriately challenges and supported. The kinder program is top notch. I myself am an educator and have been to many school throughout the NE. I can say without a doubt that McCollum is the best school in the NE between Central and Montgomery.

Overall McCollum is a good school. I've had a little issue with a teacher not communicating enough about school work. I also didn't like that they didn't have a meet the teacher day before school started. As a matter of fact, we didn't even know what class they were going to until the day before school even started. As much as this school likes parent involvement, you would think they would give is the opportunity to meet the person we are trusting to be with our kids all day before we send them off to a stranger. I do think the principal is involved allot throughout the year. One teacher was really great with my child that was ahead of her grade level by preparing different work that was more challenging.

We relocated to Albuquerque in January and my son started after winter break. In general my son seemed very unhappy, and we started getting calls from the principal about HIM bullying. I was absolutely shocked. However, Mrs. McGill was absolutely amazing. Instead of just saying he's a lost cause bully, she actually took the time to find out what was really going on. She could have easily suspended him, but instead his punishments were more community service based. My son returned this school year, and he's like a new boy. His been put in a separate class from a child who was making my son feel like he had to bully to be cool. He has an AMAZING teacher, Mr. Boughn. My son absolutely adores him. Based on how Mrs. McGill has started running things, this school is really going to be an excellent and SAFE place to learn.

McCollum Elementary is a very good school, especially compared with other APS schools. The principal and most of the staff are great with the students. My children's teachers have all been extraordinary, with the exception of Ms. Montoya whom teaches third grade. I honestly do not know how this woman still has a job at McCollum. Having personally witnessed both her complete lack of competent teaching skills coupled with her extremely disrespectful and abusive treatment of students, I would request a different teacher. Other than her, my and my children's experience with McCollum has been a positive one.

Good school. Ms. Juarez is an excellent teacher. There's is a new principal, and I'm sure she is going to do really good job.

I have a daughter who has attended McCollum for two years. I am very happy with the education she is receiving. The teachers I have come in contact with have been nothing but helpful.

McCollum is a wonderful school. From the principal on down every single person we have come into contact with at McCollum has been interested, motivated and enthusiastic. They excel in the special ed department, they're prompt when repsonding to any questions you might have, they seem to know every single student's name within the first week of school, and above all, they care. We transferred our son there after a poor experience with another school, and all I have to say is thank God. We're starting our daughter in Kindergarten there this Fall, and I couldn't feel happier or more secure in our decision.

My Son has only been to this school 2 days but is already showing signs of improvement, his Teacher is outstanding in his discipline area. The office staff is very friendly and the Principal was GREAT!! I have a GREAT feeling about this school. I have to drive 20 miles each way for my son to attend, but it is worth every trip. Thank you Mc Cullom Elementary for all your hard work and friendliness.

My son started at this school after the winter break from another APS school and by far it has exceeded my expectations. He loves and looks forward to going to school. There is great parent involvement. The school has great communication with the parents. The principal cares about every student and speaks to them indivdualy upon arriving. The front office staff was a big help with all of our questions. By far one of the better schools in APS. Great job.

Last modified Mc Collum Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.