No rating

Eastern Hills Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 349 students

Living in Albuquerque

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $211,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted October 31, 2013

Long ago before they expanded this was a good school..it is no longer. Many teachers arent certified but I guess that is OK in NM? Kids kicked out of public school routinely end up showing up for a few weeks until kicked out yet again. .

Posted August 15, 2013

Our family has been at Eastern Hills for four years now. Both our children started when they were three years old. We are very pleased with our children's experience. The classes are small, parent involvement is highly encouraged, teachers and staff are very accessible, and tuition is kept fairly reasonable through many fundraisers throughout the year. We are not members of EHBC and have never once been discriminated against, as one reviewer claimed. They are open to all denominations and you do not even need to have a home church to be accepted. Christian values are taught throughout and children are encouraged in self-discipline and good citizenship. I highly recommend Eastern Hills Christian Academy to anyone looking for a quality private school.

Posted June 17, 2013

I have been at this school since kindergarten and now I am in 7th grade. I think that the teachers are pretty good but some of the administrators are not. The school is extremely small and the kids mostly rebel against the teachers. Troubling things are shut down right away, but a little too quickly if you ask me. Or nothing is down at all. There is no in between. A girl stole an iPod and nothing was done. I am planning on leaving the school because I feel I need a bigger environment that doesn't act like every little bad thing you do is the end of the world. I will only come back if it is my last option.

Posted August 12, 2011

Wrote my first review of this school (1-11-08) when I had a 3rd grader. That child is now in 7th grade and I another child in 3rd. Feel even more strongly about school creating an environment that stresses academics without stress and pressures at other schools. Both children enjoy school, their teachers and friends. We are not Baptist and don't attend Eastern Hills Baptist Church. Teachers are Christian but of mixed Christian denominations. Christian priniciples are taught and valued but not preached. I have witnessed unacceptable behavior of students being dealt with immediately. Disrespect to a teacher/ fellow student is not tolerated. There is 100% access to teachers. Middle school campus is a secret gem - it feels like a mini college campus. There is a commons area - brand new beautiful bathrooms - large outdoor area in the back with new basketball hoops. True- lunches leave something to be desired- they're contracted through a company providing lunches to many schools. Wish more parents demanded better food. Kids not forced to buy lunch, we prefer to pack sack lunches. No school is for everyone. If you're looking...this one deserves a visit. Submitted by a parent

Posted June 30, 2011

My daughter went to kindergarten at Eastern Hills last year (2010-11) We were so pleased! low teacher/student ratio, excellent curriculum and a nurturing environment from all the staff and parents. We will continue to have her go!

Posted April 2, 2011

This school does very little to prepare kids for high school, and will be the downfall of many brilliant children. This schools teachers are poor, and many of them hold no college degree, or are currently earning a college degree. The administration is close-minded and unwilling to accept people of different church congregations or denominations. The Baptist atmosphere is oppressive and nauseating to people that are not members of Eastern Hills Baptist Church. For the record Eastern Hills Christian Academy used to be Eastern Hills Baptist School, the change of name signified only a change of name. The middle school atmosphere is unwelcoming. At the middle school the children treat each other cruelly, are rude to their teachers and classmates, and form cliques (something not expected at a Christian school) . The School lunches are detestable. The building should be condemned for water damage, mold, and pests, and the school bathrooms are a toxic waste dump. Overall this school is one of the worst private schools in the city, APS offers a better education. Do Not send your child here unless you have no other option.

Posted March 2, 2011

Amazing school!! We move a lot and my children have attended several different christian schools. This academy is by far the best in every area. EHCA has highly qualified and loving teachers. Administration, teachers and parents all work together as a team! EHCA is the best christian school in Albuquerque!!!

Posted January 27, 2011

We have a daughter that has been at EHCA for 3 yrs now. We LOVE this school. The faculty, environment and curriculum is outstanding! SO thankful to be apart of this school!

Posted December 15, 2010

I have two girls at EHCA. I am very pleased. Academics are excellent. My older daughter has scored consistently above 95% on all subjects on yearly standardized test. My young daughter is given books to read at her current level which is above her grade level. You have open access to teachers, administrators, classrooms. Whenever I have a question, they are willing and able to answer and address your concerns. Most importantly I know my daughters are in a wonderful Christian environment that operates in a spirit of love and grace. I know that if I ever have a question or a problem, I will be heard and treated with love and respect. I am so thankful that we are at EHCA.

Posted September 22, 2010

Great small private school with good teacher to student ratio. Safe environment, good teacher communication with snap grades. Lacking in facilities at the middle school (p.e is at a neighborhood park, or kids are bused to lower campus) However, not many options in Albuquerque for private school unless you want to pay $$$$ for facilities. Bad exit situation at middle school-safety could be an issue in parking lot, can be remedied if admin will address. Pack lunch here, Canteen of NM services this school (along with prisions)

Posted November 28, 2009

Quality Teachers, structured and great discipline. The parent involvement is incredible. Academics are very strong.

Posted January 12, 2009

We have a preschooler and a kindergartner at this school and are really satisfied at the quality of the education. As working parents, we know are children are safe all day in the after-school 'Discovery Club,' where they are also able to play together; it has fostered great sibling support. My kindergartner is learning by leaps and bounds and is truly thriving. Teacher access is great, and the kids are getting a good, principled education. thanks EHCA!

Posted January 18, 2007

We have been so very pleased with this school! We have seen our midschooler flourish, both academically and socially. The small classroom size allow teachers and parents to stay in close contact. There has been excellent curriculum presented and the children are expected to complete work and are held accountable for that work. No excuses are allowed. The safety aspects of this school are phenomenal! Locked entry into the school assures safety..very important in this world today! We wish we would have started our son in 5th grade instead of experiencing all that middle school has to offer here in Albuquerque! Teacher turnovers have been due to family career moves out of state and also illness. My son loves his teachers both past and present. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Posted January 6, 2007

Unfortunately, EHCA is not the school it once was. It has expanded beyond what works and is now more a business then a school. Classroom sizes have increased and teacher turnover is yearly. Children with discipline problems are being tolerated whereas in the past they were not. I am sorry to see this happen to what was a really nice school. Expansion is not always a good thing!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 1%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30am
School end time
  • 3:30pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Affiliation
  • Christian
Fax number
  • (505) 298-8564

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Drama

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Family network (similar to pta) meets bi-monthly. the parents help with fundraising and as volunteers in the classrooms.

Apply now