Eastern Hills Christian Academy 1

Posted October 31, 2013
Long ago before they expanded this was a good school..it is no longer. Many teachers arent certified but I guess that is OK in NM? Kids kicked out of public school routinely end up showing up for a few weeks until kicked out yet again. .

Posted August 15, 2013
Our family has been at Eastern Hills for four years now. Both our children started when they were three years old. We are very pleased with our children's experience. The classes are small, parent involvement is highly encouraged, teachers and staff are very accessible, and tuition is kept fairly reasonable through many fundraisers throughout the year. We are not members of EHBC and have never once been discriminated against, as one reviewer claimed. They are open to all denominations and you do not even need to have a home church to be accepted. Christian values are taught throughout and children are encouraged in self-discipline and good citizenship. I highly recommend Eastern Hills Christian Academy to anyone looking for a quality private school.

Eastern Hills Christian Academy 2

Posted June 17, 2013
I have been at this school since kindergarten and now I am in 7th grade. I think that the teachers are pretty good but some of the administrators are not. The school is extremely small and the kids mostly rebel against the teachers. Troubling things are shut down right away, but a little too quickly if you ask me. Or nothing is down at all. There is no in between. A girl stole an iPod and nothing was done. I am planning on leaving the school because I feel I need a bigger environment that doesn't act like every little bad thing you do is the end of the world. I will only come back if it is my last option.

Posted August 12, 2011
Wrote my first review of this school (1-11-08) when I had a 3rd grader. That child is now in 7th grade and I another child in 3rd. Feel even more strongly about school creating an environment that stresses academics without stress and pressures at other schools. Both children enjoy school, their teachers and friends. We are not Baptist and don't attend Eastern Hills Baptist Church. Teachers are Christian but of mixed Christian denominations. Christian priniciples are taught and valued but not preached. I have witnessed unacceptable behavior of students being dealt with immediately. Disrespect to a teacher/ fellow student is not tolerated. There is 100% access to teachers. Middle school campus is a secret gem - it feels like a mini college campus. There is a commons area - brand new beautiful bathrooms - large outdoor area in the back with new basketball hoops. True- lunches leave something to be desired- they're contracted through a company providing lunches to many schools. Wish more parents demanded better food. Kids not forced to buy lunch, we prefer to pack sack lunches. No school is for everyone. If you're looking...this one deserves a visit. Submitted by a parent

Posted June 30, 2011
My daughter went to kindergarten at Eastern Hills last year (2010-11) We were so pleased! low teacher/student ratio, excellent curriculum and a nurturing environment from all the staff and parents. We will continue to have her go!

Eastern Hills Christian Academy 1

Posted April 02, 2011
This school does very little to prepare kids for high school, and will be the downfall of many brilliant children. This schools teachers are poor, and many of them hold no college degree, or are currently earning a college degree. The administration is close-minded and unwilling to accept people of different church congregations or denominations. The Baptist atmosphere is oppressive and nauseating to people that are not members of Eastern Hills Baptist Church. For the record Eastern Hills Christian Academy used to be Eastern Hills Baptist School, the change of name signified only a change of name. The middle school atmosphere is unwelcoming. At the middle school the children treat each other cruelly, are rude to their teachers and classmates, and form cliques (something not expected at a Christian school) . The School lunches are detestable. The building should be condemned for water damage, mold, and pests, and the school bathrooms are a toxic waste dump. Overall this school is one of the worst private schools in the city, APS offers a better education. Do Not send your child here unless you have no other option.

Posted March 02, 2011
Amazing school!! We move a lot and my children have attended several different christian schools. This academy is by far the best in every area. EHCA has highly qualified and loving teachers. Administration, teachers and parents all work together as a team! EHCA is the best christian school in Albuquerque!!!

Posted January 27, 2011
We have a daughter that has been at EHCA for 3 yrs now. We LOVE this school. The faculty, environment and curriculum is outstanding! SO thankful to be apart of this school!

Posted December 15, 2010
I have two girls at EHCA. I am very pleased. Academics are excellent. My older daughter has scored consistently above 95% on all subjects on yearly standardized test. My young daughter is given books to read at her current level which is above her grade level. You have open access to teachers, administrators, classrooms. Whenever I have a question, they are willing and able to answer and address your concerns. Most importantly I know my daughters are in a wonderful Christian environment that operates in a spirit of love and grace. I know that if I ever have a question or a problem, I will be heard and treated with love and respect. I am so thankful that we are at EHCA.

Eastern Hills Christian Academy 4

Posted September 22, 2010
Great small private school with good teacher to student ratio. Safe environment, good teacher communication with snap grades. Lacking in facilities at the middle school (p.e is at a neighborhood park, or kids are bused to lower campus) However, not many options in Albuquerque for private school unless you want to pay $$$$ for facilities. Bad exit situation at middle school-safety could be an issue in parking lot, can be remedied if admin will address. Pack lunch here, Canteen of NM services this school (along with prisions)

Eastern Hills Christian Academy
3100 Morris Street Northeast, Albuquerque, NM  87111
Last modified Eastern Hills Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Eastern Hills Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.