Posted March 05, 2015
Eastern Hill Christian Academy is an amazing school that has great Teachers and Principals. My children have been at the school since Pre-K and they are now in 7th and 4th grade. The Teachers work closely with the children and ensure they are grasping what they teach. The school utilizes RenWeb which is a website that contains information you need to know about the school, homework, grades, etc. The school teachers the children to be responsible for their actions, school supplies/books and homework and are given responsibility points for being responsible and take them away if they are not responsible. They have plenty of programs the children can join such as golf, basketball, volleyball, drama, etc. The middle school has groups of students who go out into the community to help those in need which is very rewarding to the children. The Pastor at the school is a such a wonderful person, he really helps the children to grow in their faith and learn how to deal with life's challenges. They have Advanced Reading/Math to help the children to excel. My daughter is a year ahead in math and 4 years ahead in reading. This is an outstanding school and I wish they had a HS.

Posted March 04, 2015
Our son has been at Eastern Hills Christian Academy for two years and we all LOVE it! From the moment I walked through the doors for a tour, I knew this was a perfect place to raise our kids - welcoming, friendly, understanding, concerned about our worries, the most friendly, wonderful teachers I've seen anywhere. I would and do recommend Eastern Hills to anyone with school age kids.

Posted March 03, 2015
Our daughter has attended Eastern Hills for four years. Our experience there has been superlative; she has been challenged academically, and has benefitted from the music and art programs. She had attended a different Christian-based kindergarten and preschool, and we were determined to send her to S.Y. Jackson, a great APS school in our school district, when she was to enter elementary. But as the time grew near, and after some soul-searching, we realized that staying within a Christian-school, and out of the secular APS, was what we absolutely had to do. Matters of discipline, respect for others, self-control, these were the issues ruling our decision, not so much the Christian-orientation, per se --though that was contributing factor. In the time since, we have been so very thankful we made the commitment to Eastern Hills. In sum, I highly recommend this school, and am perplexed by the negative comments found in a few of the other reviews. My family does not attend Eastern Hills Baptist, and we ve completely welcome and at home within the school s community.

Posted March 02, 2015
Some advantages of Eastern Hills Christian School: 1- Excellent Leadership (Principal Miller knows every child by name) 2- Affordable Tuition (about $500 per student per month) 3- Before Care & After Care is safe/reliable and has good teacher to student ratios 4- Advanced Reading- My daughters read 2-3 grades beyond their level. This program promotes the joy of reading--and students can excel and are rewarded based on number of books read and comprehension with a pizza date with the principal. 5- Small class sizes- 12-16 students (kids get excellent attention) 6- Experienced teachers--low turnover 7- Spanish, Art, Music, and PE-these clases are a priority 8- The school is open to a wide array of Christian denominations A few things to consider: 1- The facility is nothing fancy, but adequate 2- The school is conservative theologically and politically. This plays out in science class. 3- The middle school decreases in size significantly after 6th grade. I give EHCA 5 stars. They care about kids and want to see them excel.

Posted March 02, 2015
It's a safe, Christian school with a loving staff! I highly recommend it! Preschool-8th grade

Posted March 02, 2015
EHCA is an excellent school that provides students with a great education with a Christian foundation. Between our two sons, we have experienced EHCA from the pre-school through the middle school. The teachers and other faculty really care about the kids beyond just their learning experiences. It is a family-like environment. The class sizes are ideal with typically no more than 14-15 students per class. This allows for the teachers to have more individualized time with the students and focus on their needs. The curriculum has prepared the children well and that is reflected in their testing scores, which are consistently higher than the national average. We have been very pleased with the school and would highly recommend it to other families.

Posted February 07, 2015
Eastern Hills Christian School is the best kept secret in Albuquerque. Our family has been at EHCA's elementary school. Under the leadership of Camille Miller, the staff and students are held to the highest standards academically and spiritually. Each year, our daughter's teacher has been more fabulous than the previous, and teacher/administration/parent communication is excellent. Mrs. Miller personally greets each child and their family at drop off every day. She and the staff know and pray for every child. Our daughter, at the tender age of eight, is confident enough spiritually to ask her teachers for prayer. Data from standardized test scores is available for your review. Mrs. Miller will provide summary and comparison data for the Terra Nova. If your family is searching for an elementary or middle school with small class sizes, high parent involvement, excellent standardized test scores, and a loving environment that prioritizes providing a Biblical foundation for every child, you simply must consider EHCA. Finally, I have read the three "unsatisfactory" and "below average" reviews for EHCA on this web site. Their remarks are completely out of character for the school.

Posted December 28, 2014
Eastern Hills Academy is such a wonderful school! We are new to the school and everyone has been very warm & welcoming towards our entire family. Our children have met many new friends who are also intelligent, kind, and well mannered. The academics are held to a much higher standard than public schools. Actually, they compare with other private schools that charge the highest tuition in the city. We are extremely pleased with our decision to come to Eastern Hills!

Posted October 02, 2014
Our oldest child attended pre-school thru 8th grade, currently we have a 3rd grader and pre-k student at Eastern Hills. Wouldn't think of going anywhere else. After graduating from Eastern Hills, our eldest child attends a competitive high school, is in the top of her class, is graduating with honors, and was awarded a rich scholarship to a top university. She attributes her success in high school to the academic preparation Eastern Hills offered. The smaller classes enable the teachers to hold the students accountable for their work and the students don't get lost in the system. The administration is direct, but fair and holds parents accountable as well. It offers a very loving, safe environment, student supporting students.

Eastern Hills Christian Academy 4

Posted October 02, 2014
I have 3 children that have attended EHCA. Two of them are currently attending... One is in the elementary & one in the middle school. My oldest already graduated last year from the middle school, and is now off to public high school. But she has attended EHCA since pre-school. I recommend this school to everyone because my experience for the past 11 years has been great. I feel that my oldest is now well equipped to be in public HS. She's in honor classes & is well equipped academically, socially & spiritually. Our kids need all 3 to truly succeed in life. They need to be equipped with strong academics but also with a strong Godly character. I find that crucial especially in the kind of world we live in today!

Eastern Hills Christian Academy
3100 Morris Street Northeast & 5528 Eubank NE, Albuquerque, NM  87111
Last modified Eastern Hills Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Eastern Hills Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top