Mission Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted November 01, 2013
My daughter is in kindergarten and because we live in the district she attends this school. Her teacher is always unorganized and it sometimes feels like things are thrown together at the last minute (rushed). There's times that I've politely asked the teacher questions and have been brushed off! I understand these teachers may have a lot if pressure and God bless them but organization is the key and no parent wants to feel like their child isn't getting the maximum experience from their education. Not to mention, frozen fishsticks are disgusting! These lunches need to be improved...

Mission Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2013
This school has been horrible for my son who is in special education. The teachers passed him around without any set schedule for the entire year. Other students just wander the campus leisurely from class to class. The teachers complain LOUDLY in the lounge about staff and inefficient leadership. On several occasions the Principal was 'on a run' when we needed to talk or have a meeting. People; we can't have an absentee principal more concerned about his 26.2 sticker a car than his or her kids! This school needs desperate help! The bombardment with sales, fundraisers, and PTA money raising events is sickening! the PTA should exist for more then it's parents pizza nights! My son is back on track in a different school, thank God!

Posted October 29, 2012
Thank you Teachers and Staff for handling a bumpy start to the year with professionalism & grace. You are ALL amazing!

Posted July 25, 2012
Thank you Mission Avenue PTA and Staff for always looking out for the best interests of our children! Our community appreciates all of your efforts and hard work in making sure our school maintains the best programs, staff, and administration!

Posted July 09, 2012
The staff/teachers at Mission Avenue work hard to create a child-centered, educationally challenging environment. I have to say also that the parent involvement has helped to make Mission the great school that it is. Parents and staff work together to create/maintain the programs put in place to help benefit the children.

Posted May 27, 2012
Mission Avenue is a unique school in a huge district. The principal, Mr. Pino, has worked hard to bring and maintain programs that work to educate and support a well-rounded child. The students at Mission Avenue benefit from a loving and supportive staff, as well as a hardworking and involved PTA. My child has had the good fortune of benefiting from programs such as NDI, a full time PE program, art and music, and Science, in an age when such programs are often given little attention. What a gem of a school.

Mission Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2010
The teachers seem to be quite good, and my daughter does really like the school. My problem with the school is that I feel like my daughter isn't being challenged. She comes home with 10 minutes of reading every day for homework and that is it! I feel like they could be doing a lot more to challenge the kids.

Posted November 24, 2009
Could not be happier with this school! I've got three kids (K,1st,4th) They all are doing Great and love their teachers. I have only good things to say about this school.

Mission Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted September 27, 2009
5 stars Mission brings a positive attitude towards the children that attend that school.

Mission Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2008

Mission Avenue Elementary School
725 Mission Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM  87107
Last modified Mission Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top