Albuquerque, NM
After care: No

Menaul School 1

Posted November 16, 2013
Uncertified teachers that unmotivate your child. Any individuality and spirit your child has will be removed just like any faith they have. This is not the place for a happy student.

Posted January 13, 2012
Menaul School is the best school our son has ever attended, and has been a wonderful fit for our family. The teachers are top notch and really challenge the students and provide a college prep atmosphere. Classes are small so students get the individual attention they need. Students are expected to think and challenge themselves. We feel like we found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with this school! Of all the private schools, it is the most genuine and the tuition is more reasonable than the others. If you're considering a private education for your child, consider Menaul. There are scholarships available as well. I cannot say enough good things about Menaul.

Posted July 06, 2011
The academics are excellent, and the small student to teacher ratio has helped my boys thrive.

Menaul School 4

Posted May 04, 2011
Menaul School is the best thing that has ever happened to our family! This is the second private school we have had experience with in Albuquerque and it is a great fit for our son. He has been there a year and we have seen tremendous growth on a variety of levels. Class sizes are quite small, so getting additional help is never a problem. Menaul is an ISAS accredited school which does a great job of preparing students to go on to college. The faculty are fabulous and always available. Our son has been nurtured and supported by all who work at Menaul. The small class size forces the students to learn to get along and to work through differences. Unlike many large, public schools there is no place to hide if you want to fly under the radar. Menaul is worth the visit and more reasonable in cost than the many of the other private schools in Albuquerque. Under the direction of Lindsey Gilbert we believe Menaul will continue to grow and become a true "player" in the private school market in Albuquerque.The rich history, diversity and boarding program and size set it apart from all others!

Posted April 11, 2011
MENAUL SCHOOL HAS BEEN A WONDERFUL FIT FOR MY CHILD.THE STAFF IS VERY CARING AND INVOLVED IN ALL PARTS OF THEIR LIVES. IF THERE ARE ANY STRUGGLES THERE IS HELP AVAILABLE. TEACHING ACCOUNTABILITY AND PREPARATION FOR COLLEGE IS ALWAYS ON GOING. MENAUL IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO NOT ONLY OUR FAMILY, BUT MOST OF ALL FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILD!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 08, 2011
My son is completing his 3rd year at Menaul and we love it. The calss sizes are wonderfully small so each student is truly encouraged to excel. I love the on line reporting of grades so I can keep up with how his classes are going. As well as, easy access to the staff for any private conversations. The school has added an international boarding program which adds another dimension to learning for todays world.

Posted April 06, 2011
My son's 5th year at Menaul School is coming to a close. We are as happy with Menaul today as we were on our first day in 2006. Our Middle School experience was very positive. (Many of the teachers are still there) Middle School provided my son with guidance, safety, and a rigorous preparation for his High School years. High School continued the positive experience my son receives from Menaul School. Academics and College prep is rigorous, the sports program, with it's no cut philosophy, has changed my son's life, and the all inclusive spiritual embrace has expanded my son's learning experience. My son is a happy, confident, and curious young man. We owe that to the positive, safe, and caring environment found at Menaul School. For some reason this website is not allowing my 5 star rating to come through- but I give Menaul School a 5 star rating.

Posted March 25, 2011
Menaul School currently has 98% of it's graduates accepted into the college of their choice. Students receive a good academic foundation for college, learn respect, how to interact with people from various backgrounds including international students, good public speaking skills, and participation in IA sports. Thanks to Mary Ann Weems, Menaul School has been selling student made jewelry and pottery at the Weems International Art Fest for several years. Teachers help the students learn to be live long learners and to take responsibility for their own actions. It is a growing school with a strong head of school and faculty. Parents are involved in the school to give a community/family feeling. Students and teachers are generally very supportive of each other. The high school mod system allows students to concentrate on one aspect of a specific subject with multiple options for exploring elective studies. Performing and Visual Arts are highlighted at the annual MAD Fest, May 7-8, 2011.

Menaul School 1

Posted March 11, 2011
I have sent my children here for several years. Discipline is out of control in middle school. Even some (not all) of the mid-school teachers are sarcastic and rude to students. The school doesn't seem to know how to handle discipline. The high school "mod' system doesn't allow for deep exploration of the subject matter, its always a rush to get ready to finish the mod in just 41/2 weeks. The High School English dept is top notch, the Science dept is satisfactory but needs more offerings. Math is satisfactory, but they are not teaching students how to take the college entrance exams very well. It is easy to communicate with teachers, but can be frustrating to get responses from admin. I would not send my children to this school if it was free. I suggest carefully considering other options before committing to Menaul.

Posted November 12, 2010
the quality and caring of the teachers

Menaul School