Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have two children at this school and they love it. I think this is a great school. Every teacher my children have had in the last 3 years, including this year, have been amazing. They always provide extra help when needed. And teachers they haven't had still know them by name. The school office staff is very friendly and helpful, the principal is wonderful. I'm very satisfied with the education my children are receiving here.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Bullies run this school and when bullies are brought to the principals attention it is ignored.

Looking at all the negative that goes back to 2011 is heart breaking. Nothing has changed at this school. Kids are bullied. The special ed department is lack luster. It's not the teachers. It's their principal. She has no idea how to run a school. My child is uncomfortable and unhappy. We are going the charter school route for middle school. Don't send your kid here.

This school needs better ways of teaching and helping children to learn better I think pto need to do a bettrr kob of improving heating lunches and cleanliness of school this school needs lots of improvement.

I agree with the one star comments. This is not a good school. May be the worst in this area.

My Children attend Mitchell and I feel that overall it is a good school. I feel that the staff is genuinely concerned for the well being and educational needs for all students. They have good after school programs that cost very little or are free. I would like to see Treasures Reading Program taken out of the classroom and see good literature instead.

Previous ratings had to be done by someone trying desperately to bump up the scores and image of Mitchell. This is a school that should be doing better than it is. Decent teachers but substandard test scores. Over half the kids fail to make adequate yearly progress in math and reading. Principal tools around in a convertible Mercedes and appears obsessed with non-stop fundraising events that kids and parents are hounded to participate in via inserts, e-mails and automated phone calls. In keeping with the lack of an honest academic focus, homework is never sent home on weekends. Mitchell is in dire need of new management. If your child has a chance to go to a different school with a different academic culture and a true learning environment, GO.

So far this school has been awesome. I love the sense of community and my son's teacher is great. Go Mustangs!

PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING ENROLLING YOUR CHILD HERE!!! I BELIEVED THE GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT THIS SCHOOL AT FIRST, TOO!!! I don't have a clue why this school is getting good reviews unless they had Mrs. Torres. She's is the only good thing about the school. This school is poorly ran even for a public school. About half of the teachers just yell at the students and many refuse communicate directly with the parents. If we have an issue we must write the teacher a note and can expect to hear back from them (in the form of a note) after several days. That is unacceptable to me. We are currently waiting for a transfer because my student has NO TEACHER. The teacher we started the school year off with has been absent at least 25% of the time and has just taken a 6 week personal leave.We have been dealing with a revolving door of substitutes all year and are now forced to hope that we get a stable teacher sometime soon. The replacement the school is looking for is last years gym teacher. SERIOUSLY!?! If you have the ability to, I would find another school.

Great staff, have done everything to get my kid to enjoy school and learn! The Principle is always available to answer questions and to help!

Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.