Mitchell Elementary School 1

Posted July 15, 2013
I agree with the one star comments. This is not a good school. May be the worst in this area.

Mitchell Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2013
My Children attend Mitchell and I feel that overall it is a good school. I feel that the staff is genuinely concerned for the well being and educational needs for all students. They have good after school programs that cost very little or are free. I would like to see Treasures Reading Program taken out of the classroom and see good literature instead.

Mitchell Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2013
Previous ratings had to be done by someone trying desperately to bump up the scores and image of Mitchell. This is a school that should be doing better than it is. Decent teachers but substandard test scores. Over half the kids fail to make adequate yearly progress in math and reading. Principal tools around in a convertible Mercedes and appears obsessed with non-stop fundraising events that kids and parents are hounded to participate in via inserts, e-mails and automated phone calls. In keeping with the lack of an honest academic focus, homework is never sent home on weekends. Mitchell is in dire need of new management. If your child has a chance to go to a different school with a different academic culture and a true learning environment, GO.

Posted January 08, 2013
So far this school has been awesome. I love the sense of community and my son's teacher is great. Go Mustangs!

Mitchell Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2011
PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING ENROLLING YOUR CHILD HERE!!! I BELIEVED THE GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT THIS SCHOOL AT FIRST, TOO!!! I don't have a clue why this school is getting good reviews unless they had Mrs. Torres. She's is the only good thing about the school. This school is poorly ran even for a public school. About half of the teachers just yell at the students and many refuse communicate directly with the parents. If we have an issue we must write the teacher a note and can expect to hear back from them (in the form of a note) after several days. That is unacceptable to me. We are currently waiting for a transfer because my student has NO TEACHER. The teacher we started the school year off with has been absent at least 25% of the time and has just taken a 6 week personal leave.We have been dealing with a revolving door of substitutes all year and are now forced to hope that we get a stable teacher sometime soon. The replacement the school is looking for is last years gym teacher. SERIOUSLY!?! If you have the ability to, I would find another school.

Posted August 10, 2011
Great staff, have done everything to get my kid to enjoy school and learn! The Principle is always available to answer questions and to help!

Mitchell Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
Because it does a great job of educating our children and grandchildren. They provide a safe haven for children in a crazy world.

Posted September 22, 2009
Great teachers and parents that support the students to learn, and respect each other and their community!

Mitchell Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
Mitchell is the best elementary school in Albuquerque, NM. The principal, staff and teachers really care about the kids and their learning needs.

Mitchell Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2009
Mitchell is providing an excellent education for my grandson.

Mitchell Elementary School
10121 Comanche NE, Albuquerque, NM  87111
Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mitchell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top