No rating

Calvary Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 1 student

Living in Albuquerque

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $154,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Posted December 14, 2010

I have grand children at Calvary and to all who read this, Please know that the school is very good. Our children are ahead above in education over the public schools. The cost is priceless compared to other private schools. I recommend this school highly.

Posted July 14, 2010

This coming school year 2010-2011 will be my daughter's 5th year at Calvary. The education is exceptional and the staff are respectful and engaged. Yes it is a little disorganzied at times and my bill is usually not correct, something that plagues small schools because there is never enough support staff. However, tuition is reasonable and I do not have to attend the church or volunteer hours in order for my child to attend. They give her personal attention and are truly engaged in her eduction. My friend's daughter goes to another of the private schools and is one grade higher than mine and cannot complete work that my daughter is accomplishing. I have recommended this school to others and do so now.

Posted July 10, 2010

I was blessed to have my three children attend Calvary and receive the great tools needed for entering adulthood! Now the grandchildren are attending! Calvary's focus on academics and nurturing care in the whole growth of a child remains constant!

Posted May 22, 2010

The curriculum Calvary uses teaches the Bible but very few teachers model it. The administration is not a good steward of money or things: lots of waste and mis-placed priorities. Cronyism and nepotism run rampant. I wish I had switched schools years ago; there are much better CHRISTIAN and public schools in the area.

Posted May 22, 2010

Please do a lot of research before considering this school for your child/children. The problem with this school is the administration. If you choose this school, expect to be ignored and demeaned at every turn. They did not bother showing up for an appointment that we had set up and left us waiting outside in the hallway with no explanation. They ignore problems or put them off onto the parents. They are very much money oriented. We are so disappointed with this school"s administration. My rating is less than one star but the survey made me put at least one.

Posted May 18, 2010

What I like about this school is that your child will get a top rated education alone with teaching of the GREATEST BOOK EVER PRINTED the BIBLE. Kids will learn what right and wrong really mean and not just life being all about ones self. Teachers really do care about the students. When you visit to enroll your child as some of the students older ones how they really think about the school.

Posted May 16, 2010

When I visit my children they seem to have a love and respect for their teachers and learning. This is surprising in this day and age. I'm pleased with the care and education!!

Posted April 1, 2010

Don't waste your time or your money. They call themselves Christians, but this is the most un-Christian like school I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of. Do not bother with this joke of a school!!

Posted March 6, 2010

This school is so hard up for money they charge us to watch our children perform in their Christmas program. Isn't this why we are paying tuition? Teachers expect all children to be at the same academic level, there is no 'thinking outside of the box' to help children learn something in a way that works for them. This school lacks any type of parental involvement, unless it's a fundraiser. Too bad their focus is on money and not the welfare of our children.

Posted July 22, 2004

If you deeply value an academic envoronment providing a superior level of involvment, quality and dedication such as demonstrated daily by teachers and staff-- all of whom strive to 'train up your children in the way they should go'-- then Calvary Christian Academy is a school worthy of your consideration. My children have been attending Calvary Christian Academy since 1999. Their experiences and success have been such that I am compelled to share my personal dedication to the school that continues to dedicate itself to my children. Along with the small class size, the individualized attention my children receive and the Statment of Faith on which the foundation of the school is based, I am proud of the academic success resulting from the challenging curriculum as well as the encouragment students are given to learn and promote an interest in the outstanding fine arts program.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

12820 Indian School Road Northeast