No rating

Calvary Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 1 student

Living in Albuquerque

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $154,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Posted May 13, 2014

CCA offers a gifted enrichment program for elementary students in a Christ-centered, private school environment. As a parent of a highly gifted student, the school offers a refreshing opportunity for students who need to be challenged beyond grade level to grow both spiritually and intellectually. I am very pleased with the variety of program offerings which personalize the educational experience for all students.

Posted February 5, 2014

I love this school! I feel so blessed to teach Music in a place where I can proclaim my faith and share the importance of worshiping God with the gifts He has given each of us. Mrs. Urquidez is a wonderful leader for our staff and holds weekly training sessions for the staff to better us as educators. The teachers are more than just teachers, but leaders and mentors and encouragers. Thanks to small classroom sizes, each child receives one-on-one attention from their teachers on a daily basis. I feel very safe and at home at CCA and I hope one day my own children will have the privilege of attending.

Posted February 1, 2014

Amazing school with a loving and devoted staff. My children are growing both educationally and with their love of The Lord. Along with a strong educational foundation, they are learning morals, manors and making life long friendships. Thank you to everyone for investing into my children's lives!

Posted October 10, 2013

This is the 5th school year that my children have attended CCA. I feel that it is constantly improving, especially in the quality of teachers and the level of parent involvement. The leadership has made great efforts to find highly qualified teachers who are genuinely following a calling to teaching. Each year has been better than the previous year in that respect. Parent involvement has also been on the rise now that parents are expected to fulfill a quota of volunteer hours each year. Parents have options of volunteering during school hours, on weekends or evenings for special events, or even by taking special projects home. I see a lot more parents donating things the school and teachers can use in the classroom, too. All in all, I am happy to be part of this school community and believe my children are receiving a high quality education.

Posted August 1, 2013

Great help from teachers and administrators - I have been looking for a school like this for many years and I finally found it. God is awesome! I pray for this school every day because it does a fantastic job and it is not easy.

Posted February 21, 2013

What I find tragic about this school how unappreciated the staff is. Through commitment and determination, they create an environment where every student has the opportunity to build a solid foundation - spiritually and academically - upon Biblical principles. All of this is done with little to no participation from the child's parents. Rather than support the teachers and administration, parents take offense and gossip to each other about their disappointments without acknowledging that their lack of involvement may be the reason they're disappointed. The staff goes through great lengths to engage families through special events, regular correspondence, and creative projects. Most often, their efforts are lost on parents with no dedication or motivation. No school is perfect. No ONE is perfect. But Calvary Christian Academy clearly states in their handbook what is expected of their parents and students, and what parents and students can expect from them. And unlike other schools where expectations are often altered, CCA adheres to and enforces what God requires of those who claim to be His children. Their standard is and will always be the perfect, inerrant Word of God.

Posted January 14, 2013

l sent 2 of my children to Calvary and it was a very good experience. The school and teachers seemed to be able to find their strengths and talents and focus on those. Both of my kids were directed in the way they should go, both spiritually and academically. Now I am the proud parent of two college graduates.

Posted January 3, 2013

I enrolled my daughter here for Kindergarten a couple years ago. She went from writing and coloring to scribbling, from knowing her ABCs to not knowing them at all, from counting to 20 to counting to 5, and from being not scared of doing things to having an affinity of saying "I can't do that. I'm too little." By the time my daughter told me that her teacher was telling her that she "couldn't do that" because she was too little in regards to the above listed it was too late. It took the next two years at an another school, that turned out to be excellent, to build her confidence back up. I can't speak for all the teachers at the school but I can speak for this attrocity of a person that calls themself an educator. If you send your child to this school, please keep a very close eye on your childs developement or you could have the same thing happen to you.

Posted March 2, 2012

Great School. great staff! Now fully accredited, which makes it even better. My son graduated from there and is now on the Dean's List at UNM & has been offered a Rhodes Scholarship! What more can I say.

Posted November 29, 2011

im going to this school and i hate it never go here if you want your child to be yelled at or bullied

Posted September 16, 2011

If you want a school with great teachers and a challenging curriculum, this is the school. My son has been attending this school since he was four. He is now 15. I placed him in public high school last year, only to be full of disappointment. What Calvary has offered my son academically and spiritually is beyond measure. The consistency that Calvary offers our children is not easily found. Teachers have been there for a long time. Even at 15, my son gets to see his kindergarten teacher. Teachers are there because they care about our children, not just there for a paycheck. I'm proud and at peace to know that my 3yr old and 4yr old are now getting to experience the greatness of this school. Not one school is perfect, but this school is wonderful!

Posted May 19, 2011

Calvary is a fantastic school. They believe that it is important for the students to have a firm understanding of who Christ is, and how important He is in their lives. They have a great staff who care for the students and are passionate about teaching. They have a desire to see each student who walks through the doors to succeed. George Washington Carver said that "Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom." I believe that Calvary Christian Academy stands out as a place where children are given the opportunity to succeed as students and as passionate followers of Christ.

Posted May 19, 2011

I have taught at Calvary Christian Academy for 15 years and it has been a wonderful long chapter of my life. I have developed friendships that will last in this life and the next; and it has been my joy and privilege to watch many children grow up here and become beautiful, godly young adults. It is sad that those with a bitter attitudes have a platform to slander on this website. If you want perfection you will have to wait for heaven. If you want a place where your children will be taught to know Jesus, be loved and encouraged and taught self discipline by dedicated professionals, Calvary Christian would be an excellent choice.

Posted May 18, 2011

Calvary Christian Academy has potential; however, falls extremely short when it comes to progressiveness and punctuality. Customer service is an area that could be greatly improved. The teachers range from highly proficient to extremely lacking. The before and after school care programs are understaffed and unpredictable. Unfortunately, safety is not a priority.

Posted March 29, 2011

Teachers vary between fantastic and bad. Most are good and are dedicated to their teaching. Overall education is OK. Main criticism is that students are taught what to think rather than how to think to too great an extent. Order is maintained and there are few major behavioral issues. The administrative is uncommunicative. The small school size limits the breadth of the programs the school can offer. Sports are next to nil.

Posted March 4, 2011

It is good to know that some families have had a good experience at Calvary. My personal experience was not good to say the least. They are disorganized and the communication is poor. I brought several safety concerns to principals throughout the year and those concerns were never dealt with or presented to the administrator. If you are onsidering this school, do your research! There are other safer schools in Albuquerque!! I know the tuition is low, but it's worth it to pay a little more for your child.

Posted March 1, 2011

Our family has had our children at Calvary for many years now and we love it. It is not just a school it is a family. We feel safe in knowledge that when we drop them off they will not only receive an excellent education, but will be nourished spiritually. The school has overgone many changes recently, to include location and staff. Unfortunately, this brings growing pains and some animosity, as shown in previous reviews. But it is obvious that they have worked out the problems and are pushing forward to make this a wonderful program. Recent implementation of the PTO shows a willingness to listen to parents and get us involved. The teaching remains top-notch. I would, and have, recommend this school to anyone seeking excellence in teaching and a warm, loving Christian environment.

Posted March 1, 2011

I am a new teacher at this school. It has been an awesome experience here for me. Everyone has made me feel welcome and has helped me out adjusting to the new school. There is a great support system at Calvary and you will always have someone you can talk to. The academic programs seem to really push the students to work their hardest. It is also great that this is a Christian school and you can teach the Bible and pray whenever you need to.

Posted February 23, 2011

I love this school. My children have been at Calvary for 2 years. I like to volunteer, so I have gotten to know all of the teachers and admin. They are all wonderful people and great Christian examples, in my opinion. It has top notch academics and a wonderful focus on the performing arts as well. Every teacher in the school knows every student. If you care enough to get a little involved, it is a great little community!! The teachers REALLY care about EVERY student (not just the ones in their own classroom). I can't say enough good things about this school. I am SO glad we found it.

Posted February 3, 2011

Re: 5/22/10 post. Political nepotism and cronyism almost always offers money and power above what is rightfully earned. A perverted use of the derogatory term cronyism might include situations where friends give up their personal comforts to help their friends accomplish what they cannot afford to entice strangers to do. As for myself (an admitted crony ), when offered a teaching position at CCA, I left a job that paid twice as much in order to join an awesome ministry that my friends and fellow Christians were building with hard work, faith, and very little money. At the start, several of them, my wife included, weren t even paid for their full-time labor of love. I do apologize if I had anything to do with your obvious bitterness, but please don t be divisive in such a public forum. Such expression, which isn t exactly modeling Biblical teachings, is and has been quite destructive to many more people than those you really wish to harm. In spite of some shortcomings (which are being properly addressed), CCA is an awesome school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

12820 Indian School Road Northeast