Albuquerque, NM

Posted December 09, 2014
I can't say enough how wonderful this school has been for my children. This is our first year here at CCA and my family and I have been blessed considerably. The recent Christmas performances highlighted all of the programs that my children participated in. Also incredibly impressed with the enrichment program that is new this year and the robotics team that leave my son with a thirst for knowledge through learning and play. Can't speak highly enough!

Calvary Christian Academy 1

Posted October 02, 2014
This is the worst school I have ever sent my child to. The teachers are mediocre at best. The administration is unprofessional, rude, and demeaning. They don't communicate about problems just post them on your renweb, Never speak to you about things and expect changes. My child attended this school for 2 years and his/her educational abilities went south. This school is to focused on dictating what should be thought and done, and no focus on self thinking and regulating. Please do your research when looking into this school for your children. I will say that there are SOME really good teachers here who truly care.

Posted May 13, 2014
CCA offers a gifted enrichment program for elementary students in a Christ-centered, private school environment. As a parent of a highly gifted student, the school offers a refreshing opportunity for students who need to be challenged beyond grade level to grow both spiritually and intellectually. I am very pleased with the variety of program offerings which personalize the educational experience for all students.

Posted February 05, 2014
I love this school! I feel so blessed to teach Music in a place where I can proclaim my faith and share the importance of worshiping God with the gifts He has given each of us. Mrs. Urquidez is a wonderful leader for our staff and holds weekly training sessions for the staff to better us as educators. The teachers are more than just teachers, but leaders and mentors and encouragers. Thanks to small classroom sizes, each child receives one-on-one attention from their teachers on a daily basis. I feel very safe and at home at CCA and I hope one day my own children will have the privilege of attending.

Posted October 10, 2013
This is the 5th school year that my children have attended CCA. I feel that it is constantly improving, especially in the quality of teachers and the level of parent involvement. The leadership has made great efforts to find highly qualified teachers who are genuinely following a calling to teaching. Each year has been better than the previous year in that respect. Parent involvement has also been on the rise now that parents are expected to fulfill a quota of volunteer hours each year. Parents have options of volunteering during school hours, on weekends or evenings for special events, or even by taking special projects home. I see a lot more parents donating things the school and teachers can use in the classroom, too. All in all, I am happy to be part of this school community and believe my children are receiving a high quality education.

Posted August 01, 2013
Great help from teachers and administrators - I have been looking for a school like this for many years and I finally found it. God is awesome! I pray for this school every day because it does a fantastic job and it is not easy.

Posted February 21, 2013
What I find tragic about this school how unappreciated the staff is. Through commitment and determination, they create an environment where every student has the opportunity to build a solid foundation - spiritually and academically - upon Biblical principles. All of this is done with little to no participation from the child's parents. Rather than support the teachers and administration, parents take offense and gossip to each other about their disappointments without acknowledging that their lack of involvement may be the reason they're disappointed. The staff goes through great lengths to engage families through special events, regular correspondence, and creative projects. Most often, their efforts are lost on parents with no dedication or motivation. No school is perfect. No ONE is perfect. But Calvary Christian Academy clearly states in their handbook what is expected of their parents and students, and what parents and students can expect from them. And unlike other schools where expectations are often altered, CCA adheres to and enforces what God requires of those who claim to be His children. Their standard is and will always be the perfect, inerrant Word of God.

Posted January 14, 2013
l sent 2 of my children to Calvary and it was a very good experience. The school and teachers seemed to be able to find their strengths and talents and focus on those. Both of my kids were directed in the way they should go, both spiritually and academically. Now I am the proud parent of two college graduates.

Calvary Christian Academy 1

Posted January 03, 2013
I enrolled my daughter here for Kindergarten a couple years ago. She went from writing and coloring to scribbling, from knowing her ABCs to not knowing them at all, from counting to 20 to counting to 5, and from being not scared of doing things to having an affinity of saying "I can't do that. I'm too little." By the time my daughter told me that her teacher was telling her that she "couldn't do that" because she was too little in regards to the above listed it was too late. It took the next two years at an another school, that turned out to be excellent, to build her confidence back up. I can't speak for all the teachers at the school but I can speak for this attrocity of a person that calls themself an educator. If you send your child to this school, please keep a very close eye on your childs developement or you could have the same thing happen to you.

Posted March 02, 2012
Great School. great staff! Now fully accredited, which makes it even better. My son graduated from there and is now on the Dean's List at UNM & has been offered a Rhodes Scholarship! What more can I say.

Calvary Christian Academy
12820 Indian School Road Northeast, Albuquerque, NM  87112
Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top