Albuquerque, NM

Posted April 14, 2015
This is my first year at Calvary Christian. I have one child in Kindergarten (Mrs. Lemoine) and another in preschool (Mrs. Gray). We absolutely love our teachers and their loving nature. They are consistent with what they expect from their students and parents. We have great communication on my child's behavior and learning capabilities. I am astonished how much my Kindergartener has learned. He has weekly spelling tests and is reading, which is not how we started the year and he's doing great. My preschooler is writing letters and is always telling me stories about his day. The aftercare is amazing as well (Ms. Kim, Ms. Amanda, etc). In aftercare, my child finishes his homework, gets active exercise whenever possible, and they have several, fun indoor activities. My kids ask to go to aftercare, which I think is awesome! The only thing they lack is a gymnasium, but through consistent fundraising, I believe they will have one in the next few years. I do not know the principal very well, but the teachers I've experienced are amazing. Thank you for all you do!

Posted January 09, 2015
I have a lot if great friends at this school my teachers are nice and very supportive. The teachers are caring and encouraging of all of us kids.

Posted January 09, 2015
One of the best things about CCA is the small class size. This allows teachers to focus on individual students and their educational needs. Small class sizes also allow us freedom to connect with our students and their families, developing strong relationships. Another great thing about CCA is the atmosphere of authentic support we foster. Teachers, administrators, parent volunteers, and the students look out for one another. It is impossible to explain adequately. Please come in for a visit and see this for yourself!

Posted December 09, 2014
I can't say enough how wonderful this school has been for my children. This is our first year here at CCA and my family and I have been blessed considerably. The recent Christmas performances highlighted all of the programs that my children participated in. Also incredibly impressed with the enrichment program that is new this year and the robotics team that leave my son with a thirst for knowledge through learning and play. Can't speak highly enough!

Calvary Christian Academy 1

Posted October 02, 2014
This is the worst school I have ever sent my child to. The teachers are mediocre at best. The administration is unprofessional, rude, and demeaning. They don't communicate about problems just post them on your renweb, Never speak to you about things and expect changes. My child attended this school for 2 years and his/her educational abilities went south. This school is to focused on dictating what should be thought and done, and no focus on self thinking and regulating. Please do your research when looking into this school for your children. I will say that there are SOME really good teachers here who truly care.

Posted May 13, 2014
CCA offers a gifted enrichment program for elementary students in a Christ-centered, private school environment. As a parent of a highly gifted student, the school offers a refreshing opportunity for students who need to be challenged beyond grade level to grow both spiritually and intellectually. I am very pleased with the variety of program offerings which personalize the educational experience for all students.

Posted February 05, 2014
I love this school! I feel so blessed to teach Music in a place where I can proclaim my faith and share the importance of worshiping God with the gifts He has given each of us. Mrs. Urquidez is a wonderful leader for our staff and holds weekly training sessions for the staff to better us as educators. The teachers are more than just teachers, but leaders and mentors and encouragers. Thanks to small classroom sizes, each child receives one-on-one attention from their teachers on a daily basis. I feel very safe and at home at CCA and I hope one day my own children will have the privilege of attending.

Calvary Christian Academy 4

Posted October 10, 2013
This is the 5th school year that my children have attended CCA. I feel that it is constantly improving, especially in the quality of teachers and the level of parent involvement. The leadership has made great efforts to find highly qualified teachers who are genuinely following a calling to teaching. Each year has been better than the previous year in that respect. Parent involvement has also been on the rise now that parents are expected to fulfill a quota of volunteer hours each year. Parents have options of volunteering during school hours, on weekends or evenings for special events, or even by taking special projects home. I see a lot more parents donating things the school and teachers can use in the classroom, too. All in all, I am happy to be part of this school community and believe my children are receiving a high quality education.

Posted August 01, 2013
Great help from teachers and administrators - I have been looking for a school like this for many years and I finally found it. God is awesome! I pray for this school every day because it does a fantastic job and it is not easy.

Calvary Christian Academy 4

Posted February 21, 2013
What I find tragic about this school how unappreciated the staff is. Through commitment and determination, they create an environment where every student has the opportunity to build a solid foundation - spiritually and academically - upon Biblical principles. All of this is done with little to no participation from the child's parents. Rather than support the teachers and administration, parents take offense and gossip to each other about their disappointments without acknowledging that their lack of involvement may be the reason they're disappointed. The staff goes through great lengths to engage families through special events, regular correspondence, and creative projects. Most often, their efforts are lost on parents with no dedication or motivation. No school is perfect. No ONE is perfect. But Calvary Christian Academy clearly states in their handbook what is expected of their parents and students, and what parents and students can expect from them. And unlike other schools where expectations are often altered, CCA adheres to and enforces what God requires of those who claim to be His children. Their standard is and will always be the perfect, inerrant Word of God.

Calvary Christian Academy
12820 Indian School Road Northeast, Albuquerque, NM  87112
Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top