PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 09, 2013
Great School located in the NE Heights, right across Pennsylvania Ave. from Sandia High School. I have experienced a staff that goes above and beyond to make sure our children are learning. I am thrilled that our children (new to the school this year) are welcomed not only by the staff, but also by the students. The atmosphere is upbeat and positive, and I love the use of iPads in the classrooms. Wish I'd had them when I was in 6th grade! Christ Lutheran also uses an online system allowing parents to check on assignments and grades -- glad this wasn't around when I was in 6th grade. My kids love the change, and so do I.

Posted August 13, 2013
Christ Lutheran School is an amazing school! My children absolutely love it there, the teachers are amazing and extremely helpful. There is a low teacher student ratio. They offer sports, band, choir, and various other extra curricular activities. I believe my kids are getting the best education at Christ Lutheran. Christ Lutheran is reasonably priced. If you are interested in placing your child here, you can do tours as well as the child visit the class for a day and meet the students , teachers and get a feel for the atmosphere. I love this school !!!

Posted March 03, 2013
My son currently attends Christ Lutheran, and he absolutely loves it! He is doing well academically, and is involved in many of the extra-curricular activities offered by the school. He loves his teachers, and is excited to go to class. I believe he will be well prepared for High School. I am not one of those parents who expects every school and teacher to be perfect. There is no perfect school (or teacher). I do, however, expect teachers and schools to be good listeners, and responsive to my concerns (even if they do not agree with me). I have found the teachers and staff at Christ Lutheran to be very responsive. I appreciate their willingness to listen, and to work with me to meet my son's needs. Please understand, my son is no "angel," and knows the Principal pretty well, but he has always receive appropriate discipline. If I were a family looking for a great education at a bargain price, I would check out this "hidden jewel" in the Northeast Heights. This school has become "family" for my child, and for others as well. I am so thankful this school was recommended to us by some friends.

Posted February 28, 2013
I have sent all three of my children to this school! My oldest two have graduated and gone on to public high school. They were well prepared in all subject areas for High School, and are currently performing in the top 5% of their respective classes. I find the teachers and staff at Christ Lutheran to be caring, talented and dedicated. I heartily recommend this school to all of my friends.

Christ Lutheran School 2

Posted October 16, 2011
I have to say I have been disappointed thus far. The teacher we have shows no emotion and seems to only be concerned with doing the minimum required. I have been struggling with the lack of control in the classroom. I really hope it turns around.

Posted March 07, 2011
I can't say enough about this school. I sent my oldest daughter there for PreK, K, and 1st, then my son was there for PreK and K. I loved it because I know that the teachers are trully there for the kids and they loved it because it's one of those schools that still have a long enough recess with fun educational games fit into the class. I owe my children's love of school and learning to Christ Lutheran and that is something I will never forget. The other reviewer was absolutely right that the teachers don't rush out the door and are always available. It's the best money that you could ever spend on your child. (We had to move due to a job transfer.)

Posted October 02, 2007
I like this school because when I leave my children in the morning, I know that all of their needs will be taken care of, educational as well as emotional. Unlike public school, Christ Lutheran's teachers are truly committed to all the students. The teachers do not rush to leave at the end of the day, and they are more than willing to talk to any parent at any time. We left this school for a while because of personal circumstances, and my children went to public school. I am so glad to be back. Also, I like that religion is not forced on the children. The school does have religion as a subject, but the books used are secular. I cannot recommend this school enough. I have 7 children so we have done it all -- public,homeschool, and private schools. The academics are excellent.

Posted December 21, 2005
Excellent school! Our son is currently in the 6th grade, and we are so pleased with the staff. The atmosphere is wonderful. He is very happy there, and we are so pleased with the communication. As well, the curriculum is challenging. This is a school that truly cares!

Posted December 17, 2004
The correct name is Christ Lutheran School and this is the absolute best school in NM for pre-k thru 8th grade educ. The teachers are above the rest and our kids test out 2-4 grades above their peers in public schools. The size is perfect, allowing for plenty of child-teacher time daily, while growing in a terrific Christian community. I would only send my children here, there is no other school in Albuqueruqe that can acheive this level of excellence.

Christ Lutheran School
7701 Candelaria Road Northeast, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Christ Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8