Belen High School 1

Posted November 16, 2009

Belen High School 0

Posted March 06, 2009
I love this school im a student here there are somebad things im not gonna lie but every school does. Our activities like , Band , Drama (great teacher miss Wyatt) and NJROTC, guitar and choir, and our academic decatholon wich is going to state wich is wonderfull. Chief Magallanes is great and so is commander (CDR) white im a freshman but i love it and the best thing in any school is to be active.

Posted September 03, 2008
My son is a freshman in only his fourth week at BHS, so I don't have a lot to judge by yet. I was very hesitant to send him to a public high school; I was worried about academics as well as safety. So far, I have to admit I am pleased. He feels very safe and seems to have some very good teachers, i.e. Mr. Boliver and Mr. Ulbrecht. Parents who have problems with the school need to get involved. I attended the first Site Council (Parent Advisory) meeting and, sadly, out of a student body of almost 1200 students, there were only four parents in attendance. That is disgraceful! Parents don't seem to realize that no teacher is going to care more than the student or the parent. You have to be involved also in order for the process to work.

Posted August 27, 2007
I truly believe that no matter what school your children attend, if we are not involved as parents, we will never know their achievements, strengths and weaknesses. True Parent Involvement is key to student success. Belen High School offers many different learning opportunities to our students in our community. Extracurricular activities range from NJROTC, Band, Sports, Academic Clubs, NHS, and others. Although I would like to see more support from the school in the ROTC department I feel we are heading in the right direction. As far as parental involvement, I believe there is still room for improvement. We have parents that support the activities their children participate in but I believe in growth and improvement. The school offers the same opportunities to all interested students. The day will come when parents will build strong, and positive relationships with the school.

Belen High School 5

Posted October 12, 2005
- a former student
This school is a really good school. Most of the teachers do everything they can to help the students succeed and become good citizens. Although they do need more teachers like Mr. Zamora. The school system also tries to involve parents as much as possible. If the parents dont know whats happening its wrong for them to blame the school. The violence and drug problems are not as bad as some people make them seem. The sports programs and extracurricular activities are really good at BHS. The staff work hard to make the school as safe as possible and they work with the students to create a fun and safe environment.I was proud to be a BHS student and I was sad to leave it because it is an awesome school. I even hope to send my own children their one day.

Posted August 18, 2005
I know this feedback is ment for parents, but I see what happens at that school every day, and for parents to blame everything on the teachers is wrong.Some students are just really disruptive to class.They could care less about their futures.I have had my share of teachers I don't think should be teaching, but those are the easy teachers.I have also had some excellent teachers whom are always striving to be the best teacher they can be.It hurts me to see the schools overall test scores.I have always done very well on any of those tests, and I know many people that do.As far as safty goes, the violence is nothing close to what everyone in New Mexico make it seem.I feel safe here.I am proud to be at Belen High I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Belen High School 1

Posted May 12, 2005
This school is aweful! There is no communication with parents. You have to buy the local newspaper (and know the exact day to buy it!)to find out the yearly schedual, etc! The busses left early yesterday and my son had to walk 8 miles home (there were about 20 kids affected)! I called them to find out what happened and they rudely said that it was my son's fault even though the receptionist admitted that the busses left early. Some teachers and staff are prejudice toward the kids if they are not of their color. My son is a strait A student on his own merit. There is no encuragement for students to strive and be their best. What about all of the drugs and gangs that fill the halls? Scary thing; this school is supposed to be one of best in the state!

Belen High School 3

Posted April 29, 2005
The school and it' curriculum is excellent. However, I feel that not all the teachers are highly qualified. It can use some improvement. Discipline is horrible.

Belen High School 2

Posted October 21, 2004
It's a decent school, but there is lots of room for improvement. There are a few amazing teachers and the rest just flounder. Discipline is terrible.

Belen High School 3

Posted September 30, 2004
More discipline and more teachers like Mr. Zamora.

Belen High School
1619 West Delgado Ave, Belen, NM  87002
Last modified Belen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belen High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top