Bad
Good

I love this school im a student here there are somebad things im not gonna lie but every school does. Our activities like , Band , Drama (great teacher miss Wyatt) and NJROTC, guitar and choir, and our academic decatholon wich is going to state wich is wonderfull. Chief Magallanes is great and so is commander (CDR) white im a freshman but i love it and the best thing in any school is to be active.

My son is a freshman in only his fourth week at BHS, so I don't have a lot to judge by yet. I was very hesitant to send him to a public high school; I was worried about academics as well as safety. So far, I have to admit I am pleased. He feels very safe and seems to have some very good teachers, i.e. Mr. Boliver and Mr. Ulbrecht. Parents who have problems with the school need to get involved. I attended the first Site Council (Parent Advisory) meeting and, sadly, out of a student body of almost 1200 students, there were only four parents in attendance. That is disgraceful! Parents don't seem to realize that no teacher is going to care more than the student or the parent. You have to be involved also in order for the process to work.

I truly believe that no matter what school your children attend, if we are not involved as parents, we will never know their achievements, strengths and weaknesses. True Parent Involvement is key to student success. Belen High School offers many different learning opportunities to our students in our community. Extracurricular activities range from NJROTC, Band, Sports, Academic Clubs, NHS, and others. Although I would like to see more support from the school in the ROTC department I feel we are heading in the right direction. As far as parental involvement, I believe there is still room for improvement. We have parents that support the activities their children participate in but I believe in growth and improvement. The school offers the same opportunities to all interested students. The day will come when parents will build strong, and positive relationships with the school.

Last modified Belen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.