Posted May 07, 2013
I come from a family of educators and principals so I feel like I am extra harsh on schools and staff...with that said I have been very happy at SVE. My child has attended since 2009. I almost moved my child to another school in the district because I wanted him to attend a more established school, but after 1-2 yrs it was evident that this school was on the fast track to success. SVE is now one of the top 2 schools in Rio Rancho despite being fairly new. They have great related arts teachers and the gifted instructor is AMAZING. I volunteer quite often and I find that most of the parents that complain or have negative things to say usually have issues w/ their child anywhere they go and problems are not school specific. All children are different as are schools, and there is no one size fits all formula for success- our family recommends SVE to any parents that want to give their child a great elementary school experience, with a staff that cares and a smaller school population than other area schools.

Posted November 18, 2009

La Merced Elementary School 4

Posted January 02, 2009
I like this school a lot. My child came from a 'traditional school' in another state. In general, she is sufficiently challenged. I like the emphases on character & safety. I wish the whole state & this whole district would get better math programs, however.

Posted December 19, 2008

Posted May 29, 2008

La Merced Elementary School 4

Posted December 19, 2007
La Merced has some of the best teachers and support staff in the Belen School district. They have a superior program for developing the reading skills of each student. Thanks to Mrs. Boyer, Mrs. Auge and their aid's.

La Merced Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2005
I have had children at La Merced for the past 6 years. Staff is great. An area that needs improvement is that the school needs to inform parents about what goes on inside and outside the classroom on a more frequent basis.

La Merced Elementary School
301 Alame Loop, Belen, NM  87002
Last modified La Merced Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Merced Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top