Bernalillo, NM

Village Academy 5

Posted April 18, 2012
My child has attended VACS for the last three years. I am very pleased with the education he has received at this school. I will share that while some students did not take full advantage of the excellent teaching staff at VACS-those that DID...EXCELLED! Feedback from prior students have been they were well prepared-much more advanced when attending other schools-especially in Language Arts. VACS expects its students to perform and utilize all their talents and skills. I have seen where students who were very negative toward their education disrupt the learning process and "parents" blamed staff for the disruption. Yes there were bullies-but what school does not? Again-parents denying their child was a bully when caught and witnessed by students and staff. Staff is VERY VERY professional but when students come from other schools that DON'T expect them to perform-they get angry at Teachers for "making" them actually work! OVERALL VACS is an excellent school! I am very pleased with the education received-don't believe all the negativity people gossip about-they are most likely the parents who don't see their child as the instigators! Also-where r u parents? get involved!

Village Academy 4

Posted August 31, 2009
I am a parent of two children attending VACS for the second year. I gave my them the option of returning to VACS or trying BMS - THEY chose VACS. The school is very small with only one class per grade. I have seen both of them gain confidence while at this school. Their grades are good and they have experienced things that regular public schools don't offer such as flying a plane. One drawback is that sports are not offered.

Village Academy 0

Posted July 19, 2009
I am a parent of a student that currently attends this charter school and I believe that this is a excellent middle school that has performed at the same level of proficiency as the rest of the school district and I am wondering where you got your low statistics from.

Village Academy