Posted September 10, 2014
As a former student's parent, my review of this High School is an awesome place to Learn and Grow. The staff and students here made us welcome, as we were from out of state. My children adjusted well, and I owe it to the staff and students. This is a top notch school. We may return, we pray, and continue their education here. Some complain about the school. Try living in a state with school ratings of 2-4/10. That's what we deal with til we return. Appreciate the school and staff! It could be so much worse. Take it from us, this is one of the greatest schools my children have attended. If everyone works together, it could get even better. Sincerely, A Louisiana Parent

Capitan High School 1

Posted January 07, 2006
- a former student
As a former student I can say that I regret that I did not research other options for school. I felt that Capitan High left me totally unprepared for college level courses in English and Math. Being such a small school the courses a student can take are limited to the general basics of english, math, and sciences. There was no advanced level core, or elective classes available. I feel that the teachers and administration, at the time, were partial towards students whose parents were on the school board, or those students that had been in the Capitan school system since elementary school. I would recommend researching other neighboring school districts before registering any child to an extremely limited academic institute.

Capitan High School 3

Posted November 09, 2005
This was a great school system however we are beginning to have doubts about the High School. We have had a large turnover in Principals. Drugs are becoming more of a worry since our esteemed District Attorney does not see fit to prosecute those who are caught red handed. There are still some very positive things about our school. We have some highly qualified and dedicated men and women. Our sports teams are competative, considering the size of the school. The only program we do not have available is Art. Our music program is tops.

Posted September 01, 2004
- a former student
Being a student at this school (2003-2004) I would say its a fairly good school. The staff (for the most part) was great. The principal was strict, but always fair. As for the students, their wasn't to many and word gets around fast. As long as you dont do anything to stupid they wont bother you. Their actually nice people. The school is fairly hard, but you wont get pushed farther then you can go. This school im not sure how its rated, but in my mind...it should be in (or atleast tied) with Ruidoso's ranking.

Posted July 06, 2004
Being a student here in the 2003-2004 school year, I have found that the high school, was better than I had expected. I heard that it was going to be hard from friends at a nearby school, but it was indeed easier than I thought it would be. In fact I had lots of fun! The classes aren't too big, but at the same time aren't too small, plus the teachers are able to get around to all of their students that need help during their classtime. I never really got into trouble much so I don't know much about the dicipline but I did have friends that got in trouble and from what I got of the stories the principal was increadebly fair! I would highly reccomend sending your son/daughter here. Plus there's lot to do in the area!

Capitan High School
150 South Forest Ave, Capitan, NM  88316
Last modified Capitan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capitan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top