Carlsbad, NM
Students enrolled: 1,616

Carlsbad High School 4

Posted November 14, 2012
They have worked with myselft and my son very patiently. I do say the mainstream classes are for those children who dont need much assistance and can catch on easily. We had to move my son to his special core classes after the first semester of his 9th grade year. The school staff is very patient and understanding. The sports programs are awesome. So are the college classes they offer there. I appreciate all the help the faculty has given my self and my son so far.

Posted October 03, 2009
At CHS there is a sense of school spirit that's contagious: students, teachers, administrators, and all staff have are infected! Go Cavemen and Cavegirls!!!

Posted July 27, 2008
I am currently attending CHS and i have noticed that most of the teachers don't have a good teaching skill. They aren't patient and don't describe things very well.

Carlsbad High School 1

Posted January 24, 2008
There were many problems with this school, the main one being that the non-AP courses did not prepare me sufficiently for university. I took a few AP courses and a few non-AP, but the non-AP courses did not have sufficient textbooks for the class, and the AP courses' labs were not well funded.The pace was slow.

Carlsbad High School 1

Posted January 21, 2008
To be honest, the teachers aren't that great with the exception of the AP History, AP Bio, AP Chem, and AP English. Compared to the rest of NM it may be ok, but compared to the rest ofthe nation we're behind by a ton...and our students don't find out till they leave.

Carlsbad High School 4

Posted March 20, 2007
I attended chs all four years and it were the best years of my life. The teachers are really nice and are there to help. The advisors do everything that is needed to help you succeed and to get you ready for college.

Carlsbad High School 2

Posted November 29, 2006
I attended CHS for all four years of high school and can attest to having inadequate math skills upon entering college. I was in several math classes in which the teacher completely 'checked out' mid-semester and let the class do whatever it pleased. The advanced placement curriculum is the exception to the rule. I participated in AP English and Science and immediately saw the difference in those classes. My advice is to learn as much as possible about the individual teachers because they are ultimately the driving force behind a successful or unsuccessful experience.

Carlsbad High School 5

Posted May 05, 2006
My children have attended School in Carlsbad from the beginning of their education. Both of them are well motivated and have done well in school. I know and have known all their teachers. I am particularly happy with the quality of their high school education. They will be ready to attend a university of their choice when they graduate.

Carlsbad High School 2

Posted December 29, 2005
I am a graduate of CHS and I feel I was not prepared for college when I graduated. There are some wonderful teacher but also there are many teachers that need improvement.

Carlsbad High School 3

Posted March 22, 2005
There are plenty of extracurricular activities at this school but there are plenty of teachers who should honestly not be working there. I am personally greatful that there is the option of attending the phoenix program with more one on one contact between teachers and students. The CHS Phoenix Program has been involved with several community projects this past year and their reputation is slowly progressing. Since it is a part of the high school, students can still enjoy the Carlsbad High School's wide variety of extracurricular activities.

3000 West Church, Carlsbad, NM  88220
Last modified Carlsbad High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carlsbad High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top