Carlsbad, NM
Students enrolled: 1,616

Carlsbad High School 4

Posted November 14, 2012
They have worked with myselft and my son very patiently. I do say the mainstream classes are for those children who dont need much assistance and can catch on easily. We had to move my son to his special core classes after the first semester of his 9th grade year. The school staff is very patient and understanding. The sports programs are awesome. So are the college classes they offer there. I appreciate all the help the faculty has given my self and my son so far.

Posted October 21, 2009

Carlsbad High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
At CHS there is a sense of school spirit that's contagious: students, teachers, administrators, and all staff have are infected! Go Cavemen and Cavegirls!!!

Posted July 16, 2009

Carlsbad High School 4

Posted March 17, 2009

Carlsbad High School 0

Posted July 27, 2008
I am currently attending CHS and i have noticed that most of the teachers don't have a good teaching skill. They aren't patient and don't describe things very well.

Posted June 02, 2008

Posted January 24, 2008
There were many problems with this school, the main one being that the non-AP courses did not prepare me sufficiently for university. I took a few AP courses and a few non-AP, but the non-AP courses did not have sufficient textbooks for the class, and the AP courses' labs were not well funded.The pace was slow.

Posted January 21, 2008
To be honest, the teachers aren't that great with the exception of the AP History, AP Bio, AP Chem, and AP English. Compared to the rest of NM it may be ok, but compared to the rest ofthe nation we're behind by a ton...and our students don't find out till they leave.

Posted January 21, 2008

Carlsbad High School
3000 West Church, Carlsbad, NM  88220
Last modified Carlsbad High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carlsbad High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top