Bad
Good

They have worked with myselft and my son very patiently. I do say the mainstream classes are for those children who dont need much assistance and can catch on easily. We had to move my son to his special core classes after the first semester of his 9th grade year. The school staff is very patient and understanding. The sports programs are awesome. So are the college classes they offer there. I appreciate all the help the faculty has given my self and my son so far.

At CHS there is a sense of school spirit that's contagious: students, teachers, administrators, and all staff have are infected! Go Cavemen and Cavegirls!!!

I am currently attending CHS and i have noticed that most of the teachers don't have a good teaching skill. They aren't patient and don't describe things very well.

There were many problems with this school, the main one being that the non-AP courses did not prepare me sufficiently for university. I took a few AP courses and a few non-AP, but the non-AP courses did not have sufficient textbooks for the class, and the AP courses' labs were not well funded.The pace was slow.

To be honest, the teachers aren't that great with the exception of the AP History, AP Bio, AP Chem, and AP English. Compared to the rest of NM it may be ok, but compared to the rest ofthe nation we're behind by a ton...and our students don't find out till they leave.

I attended chs all four years and it were the best years of my life. The teachers are really nice and are there to help. The advisors do everything that is needed to help you succeed and to get you ready for college.

I attended CHS for all four years of high school and can attest to having inadequate math skills upon entering college. I was in several math classes in which the teacher completely 'checked out' mid-semester and let the class do whatever it pleased. The advanced placement curriculum is the exception to the rule. I participated in AP English and Science and immediately saw the difference in those classes. My advice is to learn as much as possible about the individual teachers because they are ultimately the driving force behind a successful or unsuccessful experience.

Last modified Carlsbad High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.