Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

The school is an average school. Nothing too special about it. I would like to comment on the PE teacher, Coach Chase. I'm not real sure if she should be teaching PE in an elementary setting. Maybe Middle or HS. She is a BULLY!! I've witnessed her on a few occasions being, in my opinion, very rude and glaring at the children. One example is she had lunch duty and one child was, maybe laughing to hard or loudly or something that made her mad, that she took the child (1st grade) and put him facing the wall for the duration of lunch. Now I understand putting kids in a "time out" if they are acting up, but this was crazy. The same lunch session, she glared at a child, gritting her teeth and told the child, "Turn around, and EAT your lunch, I don't want to hear anything else from you"! This was also a first grader. I'm sorry, if that was my child and she spoke to him or her that way. We would have words.

Students are held to high standards. The amazing staff knows their students' needs. Barry has such a warm, positive feeling about it!!!! The teachers go above and beyond to ensure my child is successful!!!

The best thing about Barry is the family environment. Every teacher and staff member cares about every student in the school. Students support each other and help each other every day. Academically, Barry ranks among the best schools in Clovis, but the secret to its success is that students know they are "home" when they're at school.

Amount of homework: Agree

Most of the time, homework is sent only when daily work in the classroom is not completed.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Barry stresses Character Counts, which models the 6 pillars of character--trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. Each month, 2 classes win a celebration for modeling good character. Students are held accountable when not modeling good character, but individuals are also rewarded for modeling exceptional behavior. Honesty is expected at all times, and integrity is developed by incorporating all of these traits into each student's daily life.

My children are doing wonderful at Barry and I cannot say enough about the teachers and staff :) They are all so amazing and my son and daughter look forward to school everyday and are excited to go. The school is so welcoming and they really do put their students first. I feel blessed!!

My military children are excelling at Barry and I give credit to the wonderful staff and principal. They have made our PCS transition the most welcoming and comforting we have ever had at any other base. I am thankful my children go there and wouldn't change it for anything :)

My daughter is learning so much more than the required curriculum at Barry Elementary. She is learning character skills through social interaction with not only students but the wonderful staff as we'll. these are traits that will be utilized greatly for her success in this ever changing society. I am a proud parent and supporter of Barry Elementary!

There is a positive feeling throughout the whole school. All the staff know all the kids, all the kids are comfortable with all the staff. It is a schhol with a diverse group of kids and a great attitude!

Our three children had wonderful experiences at Barry Elementary. It is a warm and inviting school with wonderful art work on every wall, and a staff that makes you feel welcome from the front office to the custodial crew and the highly motivating teachers. We were extremely happy with Barry and gladly say that our children gained a wonderful educational foundation by attending this little shining star of a school.

Last modified Barry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.