Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Great staff and dedicated teachers. Strong community involvement. Hard to beat that in any school. We had great experience with our kid who started this year. They would do so much better if they break free from APS (worst run education system in the country) bureaucracy and rules that do no good for the schools or students.

If your child does not present a challenge, this school is mediocre at best. However, I have an autistic son that was suspended three times in the first month for a variety of typical autistic if not five year old behaviors. One of the incidents, he bit a teacher that was physically restraining him and was charged with a felony. We also walked in on his Occupational Therapist lying and restraining him on a bean bag since he would not follow directions. Patricia Steiner is incompetent at best. You be the judge if you want to send your child to this school and hope that they fit in.

Four of my children went to Corrales Elementary and my youngest still attends. The teachers are very proactive and responsive, and I felt they truly cared about my chidren who had special needs ranging from gifted/exceptional to dyslexia. There is a strong feeling of community. Events like the Fall Festival, Celebration of Children and Talent Show get better every year. I love that Officer Heaton conducts traffic every morning, presents the DARE program and attends school activities with his little chihuahua in tow. Just an all round great school coming from an all round great community.

I have two children at Corrales. It is a wonderful school. Very good teachers. A lot of parent involvement. PTA is hardworking. It has gliches and rough spots, any public school does. We don't have bullies. I will miss this school when we are done. Corrales is the best public school around!

Teachers and staff are very good overall and my 2 kids really like it there. However the new principal has already made many grievous missteps this year, two of which directly affected my son, and we are only 1 month into the school year. Not sure where they found her, but it makes me question APS administration's abilities. My wife and I are considering pulling both kids from Corrales and home-schooling them.

Corrales Elementary is a great school. The staff and community members work hard to keep the school at the heart of the community. The adults are kind and inclusive. The teachers's are conscientious, helpful and approachable, for the most part. The only unsafe aspect of the school is the way some parents and community members drive.

There was very poor communication between the teacher and us and my child did not feel welcome here at all. Overall it was not a good experience and glad my child is no longer attending here.

Totally miserable experience! My son's teacher is rude, unhelpful and negative. She has been very difficult to try to communicate with either written communication or talking to her. I don't feel like my son is learning anything here. There are a couple parents involved but they are not receptive to new parents at all. The PTA is very disorganized and also not welcoming.

This is a wonderful school. Can't say enough about the teachers here! The front office could certainly try to be nicer and more informed though but I feel like my child is very safe here and well cared for!

I am confused at all the positive reviews here. Too many kids in classes and, same as another commenter, I have two children at the school. I don't know what's going on at the school, but it is certainly not a positive experience for me or my children. Having spent 3 years as a substitute teacher in another state, I am shocked at the issues here. Do not recommend this school at all.

Last modified Corrales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.