Corrales Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2013
Teachers and staff are very good overall and my 2 kids really like it there. However the new principal has already made many grievous missteps this year, two of which directly affected my son, and we are only 1 month into the school year. Not sure where they found her, but it makes me question APS administration's abilities. My wife and I are considering pulling both kids from Corrales and home-schooling them.

Posted September 11, 2013
Corrales Elementary is a great school. The staff and community members work hard to keep the school at the heart of the community. The adults are kind and inclusive. The teachers's are conscientious, helpful and approachable, for the most part. The only unsafe aspect of the school is the way some parents and community members drive.

Corrales Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2013
There was very poor communication between the teacher and us and my child did not feel welcome here at all. Overall it was not a good experience and glad my child is no longer attending here.

Posted October 17, 2012
Totally miserable experience! My son's teacher is rude, unhelpful and negative. She has been very difficult to try to communicate with either written communication or talking to her. I don't feel like my son is learning anything here. There are a couple parents involved but they are not receptive to new parents at all. The PTA is very disorganized and also not welcoming.

Posted September 12, 2012
This is a wonderful school. Can't say enough about the teachers here! The front office could certainly try to be nicer and more informed though but I feel like my child is very safe here and well cared for!

Posted January 30, 2012
I am confused at all the positive reviews here. Too many kids in classes and, same as another commenter, I have two children at the school. I don't know what's going on at the school, but it is certainly not a positive experience for me or my children. Having spent 3 years as a substitute teacher in another state, I am shocked at the issues here. Do not recommend this school at all.

Posted January 06, 2012
NO STARS! Terrible school. The reviews about children that need a little extra help, it is not here. Two of my children attended there, one of them is very smart and picks up on everthing. The other child has always needed a little help and is very shy. The teacher that had my boy smart boy always had good thigs to say. The other teacher suggested that a social worker might help him (my shy boy). The school seems like they only want to keep the children that learn WITHOUT any help. In contrast, try to get rid of the children that go to school to learn from the teachers. The saying "No child left behind, yah right, the school will insult the parents and outcast your child until you take them out of the school. BEWARE, teachers that dont teach, just looking for a free pay check and high school rating by getting rid of children not up to par in their eyes. That is my opinion

Posted September 10, 2011
This school is good. Really. Because the way i see it is that it is HORRIBLE I don't recommend this school to anyone. Yah thats right 0 stars. Examples: mean staff and teachers, rude kids and horrible after care teachers. Don't go here!!!!

Posted February 16, 2011
A terrific school. Well balanced. Great leadership. I would recommend the school to anyone. The community is involved in many aspects of the school.

Corrales Elementary School 0

Posted October 14, 2010
Teachers that care. Beautiful campus. Happy Kids!

Corrales Elementary School
200 Target Rd, Corrales, NM  87048
Last modified Corrales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corrales Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.