Posted February 27, 2012
This used to be a great school but the superintendent has ruined this school. she is putting money over the students. instead of hiring teachers she pulls teachers away from the 3rd grade for the last 9 weeks and makes the 3rd graders room with the 2nd graders. Only to save a buck

Posted February 27, 2012
Horrible superintendent. She is a dictator and makes really bad decision. Teachers are leaving in droves. She is only about the money. If you forget to pay the lunches within 15 days you get a letter stating your child can not comeback to school but has decided that for all the tuition you pay along with the technology fee (Technology at this school is non existent.) She will rip the teacher out of the class room and force your children a grade down, Only to save the money. She knows she has you between a rock and a hard spot because who wants to pull their child out and put them in a strange school the last 9 weeks.

Posted February 27, 2012
Horrible. The teachers are great but the superitendent is very unresponsive and makes decisions that are not good for the school, teachers, or kids. Teachers are leaving in droves and she refuses to hire more so then the kids are having to double up on the teachers.

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted February 14, 2006
- a former student
I am a former student at this great school and I can honestly say that being a student at McCurdy provided me opportunities to grow and mature in various ways. I was provided the best education and was given a headstart on what life had in store for me. I am doing well and will never forget my experiences while attending this school. The Principal and teachers really cared about the students and proved it every day. Great school to send your children to and the only thing that I regret now is that I am not able to send my children there because the school does not have boarding students any longer. I wish they did because I would have spared my children the experience of attending a large city school because the benefits and atmosphere at McCurdy were invaluable to me.

Posted August 19, 2003
The overall quality of the school is great. The school has more of a family oriented way of teaching. I have had my children at McCurdy for the past 5 years and must say that I am very impressed with the selection of teachers present there. The high school has a principal of the highest caliber and has the utmost respect for parents and students.

Mccurdy School