Bad
Good

I have had a challenging time working with the staff and administration at this school for many years. They treat the students like criminals and clearly do not understand how little they understand about various social service and mental health supports. Kids are set up at this school for a life of crime, in my humble estimation. I, myself, every time I visit the school for a work-related meeting, I find myself absolutely dreading the interaction. Post-interaction, I've felt blamed, judged, and often enraged--or probably humiliated if I wasn't so confident in my field. They are rude and immature at best. I feel so much frustration for the lack of education their staff seems to embody. There is no discipline. They have hired an entourage of security guards with cop-like, military mentalities. These are kids! Their solution to a problem, nearly across the board in my experience, is to send the kid home. There is no ISS apparently, no detention even (I have asked so many times for something like this and am told they "don't have the staff"). Just send them home. Now, if I was a teenager, I would be thrilled with that sentence!

Lack of teachers, students run the school, sure it might be 94% hispanic but half of that 94% is %100 mexican so the teachers spend alot of the classes time trying to explain to the mexican students of what going on in class, so with that said the true american born student suffers academically, and the school rating will always remain low, until something is done.

The School could Use Better Coaching. Not many teachers teach. Some classes you are just sitting there doing nothing, like watchin a movie. or doin literally nothing.

When i first sent my children to Carlos F. Vigil Middle School it was brand new. It was a great and beautiful school, EPS did a really great job! I was impressed as well with the teachers and staff who kept the students in line. All this talk about a horrible middle school..not true.

We have good and strict teachers that keep us on task

Last modified Carlos F. Vigil Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.