Fairview, NM
Students enrolled: 1,033

Posted July 01, 2013
I heard that this school had sponsored teachers meaning they are now legal resident of this country from being a foreign national. And I heard from a realable source from the Human Resources that they are no more sponsoring. That will be the biggest mistake that this district could make because I have 2 kids and 5 nephews and nieces who all go to this high school and they all said they were all great teachers. So what if they left? I'm sure there are more teachers who needs a sponsor who are good or better than the old ones. Please continue this sponsorship because it does help the high school and the community.

Espanola Valley High School 3

Posted May 16, 2013
EVHS is good school. It does have some really good teachers and some that are not so good. I believe that because of required state testing some teachers cater to students that are really not interested in learning. This can create problems for students that excel and need to be challenged. I also feel that the dress code as written in the handbook should be enforced. That does not mean uniforms but just enforcing what is already in the handbook. Overall the school is good and I feel they are trying to get better.

Posted August 12, 2012
I transferred to this school for my Sophomore Year from neighboring Los Alamos High and this is the best choice I could've done in my life so far. this school is like a family, students and staff have personal bonds and can discuss issues with them. Student Council is amazing at this school! The Student Council will be hosting the annual New Mexico Association of Student Councils State Conference in two years at the school. They will be showcasing the wonderful traits of this school that are often overlooked for the negativity. I am so fortunate and happy to have moved to this school!

Posted November 22, 2011
Espanola is a great school, with great teachers that want the best for their students. Although, I don't agree with the superintendent choice of choosing Theresa Flores as Principal. It is hard to believe this school has seen 2 principals in 2 years. This would have never happened if they kept Bruce Hopmeier!

Posted June 02, 2011
As a former student now enrolled in the California State University system, I can look back at my time at good ol' Espanola Valley and say it was a great high school that gave me every bit of knowledge for the real world. A great experience that I won't forget. This school has some amazing teachers that dedicate their lives to their students. Mr & Mrs. McGinn, Ms. Roney and Mrs. Wood are some of the most experienced teachers that love to work with their students. The counseling staff is wonderful, and the former principal Bruce Hopmeier was one of the most inspirational people I have ever met. This community may have a "reputation" but this school, has a reputation for success with students that leave it. Go Espanola!

Posted March 26, 2011
There is a new principal at EVHS, he may not be the same as the principal they fired for political reasons but I still believe the curriculum and academics are setting a higher stage at Espanola. When we moved to Espanola 3 years ago I never knew we would actually be sending our children here. I have been really impressed and others should take advantage of this really great high school instead of sending their children to neighboring schools.

Espanola Valley High School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
It is sad to see Espanola's principal to be let go, just like that. He is someone who has changed this school for the better. They will regret this decision. As a parent of a former student this school is excellent and I hope it continues to stay that way with the new leadership next school year.

Posted April 08, 2010
Today 4/8/2010 I read an article in the Rio Grand SunTitled Veteran High School Principal Unhappy with lack of Explanation...' Mr. Hopmeier was recently informed by a first year SUperintendent That she has decided not to renew his contract. Well, here we go again. After seven years of clean-up and great morale for both students and Teachers this Superintendent states she wants to take the school in a different direction....What the ---- is she thinking? The school is going in the right direction. The paper stated Hopmeier's school met the State Standards only once..... It had never ever done that before. Improvement takes time and continuity. I feel so sorry for the teachers, the student and the parents that are going to get caught up in Ms. Archuleta's political agenda. She hired her sister-in-law. Need I say more? She is playing games with real people's lives. I say fire her.

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted August 18, 2009

Espanola Valley High School
1111 El Llano Rd, Fairview, NM  87533
Last modified Espanola Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Espanola Valley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top