Bad
Good

Posted April 11, 2014
Well this is for the 2013-2014 school year, teachers that have worked here for years left! The school is on it's second principle, my daughter is on her third teacher for this school year. They won't get field day the last three days of school, there is bullying going on in my daughters class by the same girl that has been doing it for three years and the teacher will do nothing about her behavior! The school has lost over 400 students and I believe over 10 staff members, and more to follow! If I wasn't in the school district I would put my kids in a better school! We're they get awards for perfect attendance and meeting AR goals! The kids have to be taught up until the very last day of school they can't watch movies the last few days, when there not going to be paying attention anyways! They have hardly been on any field trips! There are many more issues so please be advised that even the best teachers left to seek better working environments! And I don't blame them! And parent who have tried to be involved get pushed out and their very aware they are not welcome!

Animas Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2012
I was among the first students to attend Animas when it was newly built in 1959. My first grade teacher there was Mrs. Gerber, second, Mrs Birdsong, third, Mrs. Baxter fourth, Mrs Latta, fifth, Mr Conway and Sixth, Mr. Lindley. The Princiles were first, Mr. Peters then he was followed by Mr. Cathers. My BFF was Dawn Clanton, where is she now? I'd give the world to know what ever happened with her. Wow, what memories. My whole elementary experience was at Animas Elementary. I have no idea what it is like now but I hope the children now have as good an experience as I did. This school will be apart of me forever, it will always be in my heart.

Animas Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
The principal is great with the kids and very involved. The counselors show you in every way that they care about their students. Kids that need just a little extra help are taken care of with patience and kindness by the special ed teachers. Animas is a great school. I'm very happy with the way they run the school.

Posted September 26, 2007
I have been very gratful to this school, because they have been so awsome with my daughter. They are always on the look out to improve the school curiculum and help the kids to enjoy their learning experiences.

Posted September 15, 2004
I loved Animas. The teachers and principal were terrific. When the area was redistricted our kids were moved to another school and we fought the redistricting and won!

Posted May 31, 2003
I been to this school for 6 years. The teachers are great and there is plenty to do for the kids. You get great help when you need it. Just loved my teachers. Which some are still teaching there.

Animas Elementary School
1612 Hutton Ave, Farmington, NM  87401
Last modified Animas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.