Bad
Good

As a parent with 2 kids that have graduated from Farmington High School and one currently enrolled I have been very happy with the education and preparation they have received. It is like everything in life you get out of it what you put into it. As a parent I have been very involved with Booster clubs for sports, supporting club activities and knowing My students teachers. We have a wonderful principal In Mr Keinitz. My son graduated from FHS,he now works for ESPN and has just completed his masters. My daughter graduated from FHS and from NMSU and is headed to the University of Glascow to pursue her Masters in Neuroscience research. Our youngest daughter will be a Junior at FHS this year plays on the Soccer team and is on The Honor roll. She just recently returned from France a trip organized by her French teacher. Suzanne Holman is the best foreign language teacher any student could have. My experience is that FHS is the best Farmington NM High school by far!

I've been very impressed with the teachers I've met at this school. The principal is great and they offer a variety of classes to challenge your child. I know FHS gets a bad rap but I think once all the "grandfathered juniors and seniors" are out and everyone is going to the school they are districted to, it will be interesting to see how the schools compare.

I have found this High School to offer much in way of acedemics, theatre, athletics and music. It 's all there if you choose to pursue it. FHS has outshone area high schools in Science Olympiad, English Expo results, and Knowledge Bowl, and has a fabulous staff. My frustration is that parents of my generation are so quick to believe everything they they hear, and to follow shiny new. It's really a shame. Give your District High School a chance.

I am very frustrated with teachers not entering the grades in the power school system. These should be entered at least weekly, so that progress can be monitored for students. It doesn't help parents or students to enter all of the grades the day before they are due!

Last modified Farmington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.