PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is a well rounded school and features a support system for parents to further their child's education as well as forming good study habits. The children eat family style in the cafeteria and are expected to use manners and serve themselves. This has impressed many friends and family when my children are observed serving themselves and using manners. One of my daughters was very behind when she started school here, but we were able to form a partnership with a teacher who was greatly dedicated to the education of my child.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The educators at this school are very interested in this school. Many have left jobs that pay more in public schools to come and teach children for less money. They each have a purpose for teaching at this school, which makes them very effective.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework given at this school is in line with standards taught in educational programs at the college. Educators learn how much homework is appropriate for different age groups, and this school is just right. Educators encourage family members to be involved in homework as it gives them an opportunity to support their child's education and interact in a meaningful way.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school does not tolerate hitting, calling names and other bad behaviors. The students are taught how they can handle situations without calling names, hitting and other destructive forms of interaction.

My kids attended this school for several years until I was forced to transfer them recently. The teachers are unprofessional. I challenged my son's third grade teacher and she gossip ed about my issues with her to the other teachers. My younger son came home the day after I spoke to her and his teacher who I did not have an issue with told the class I yelled at the staff. I expressed my shock to the principal and his response was " everyone gossips". The school is touted as the best in the county so I had my kids tested. They both tested below average. They are now in public school and I am paying for tutoring. My belief is that EBA teachers focus on gossiping more than they do educating the kids. In addition the teachers cater and focus on a select few. If your kids nationality is not of their persuasion, consider your kids outsiders. The teachers do not create an inclusive environment. The Staff should relearn the verses they send home with the students themselves. Especially the one about gossiping. Think twice before you send your kids to this school.

EBA has gone above and beyond-.... in creating an atmosphere of fear and a since that a child is a "bad child" if they are normal. For some reason, it is ok to hold kids to a standard above what is normal developmentally, and at the same time, allow educational assistants bully children in classrooms. EBA has LARGER CLASS SIZES than public school, and with public school now following common core, EBA no longer has "more prepared" students. My child, who earned stellar grades in EBA is now BEHIND in public school, and is playing catch up. Please think twice before spending your hard earned dollar for an education that is sub-par when compared to public schools.

This school is able to focus on learning rather than behavior problems like the public school counterparts. They claim to have children performing at least a grade level ahead of the public schools. I found this to be true with my daughter testing 2-3 grades ahead in different areas. I love this school.

My Son and I love EBA! My son has been going to the school for two yrs. and he absolutely loves it. He enjoys the small school atmosphere. I like the open door policy, and I always know what my child is learning. Just an overall excellent program!

I love EBA! I have two children who attend the school one is in kindergarden and testing at a 2 grade level and on is in 4th grade and testing at 7th grade. 5 STARS

I have been involved with this school for 7 years and I will continue to be involved with it for at least another 8 years for my youngest to complete the 8th Grade. It is a wonderful school and the academic program is excellent along with the Spiritual aspect. Love, Love, Love this school.

Last modified Emmanuel Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8