Bad
Good

Gallup High School 1

Posted May 27, 2009
Gallup Central teachers need to provide or take more time in teaching students to learn or solve math problems and science/chemestry (elements/chemicals) The mastery of this requires step-by-step process thoroughly, until a student understands & comprehends the basic process. Teachers are ver, very impatience w/students. Its a wonder students are failing. To bad.

Posted February 03, 2009
I love this school!!!!!!!! i have been going to school here for the past two years and they let me excel and work with me so I don't get bored in my classes and it challenges me to work harder. If your looking for a good high school send them to this one.

Gallup High School

Posted May 27, 2008
I spent some time at GHS, i believe its an OKAY school. I was not too excited about it! There were problems with the school i believe. Such as AP classes were given more better quality things, that i believe it should be in all classes. Because then all students would have a fair education. As for teachers, there are some good teachers but then there are other teachers who let the students lack. i believe there is not much of a challenge at GHS, the students arent being opened or challenged to what is really outside in the real world. They get the treatment of letting them slide by. something that i have no problem with, only that...you have to prepare the students. they need to learn!

Posted September 06, 2005
The variety of programs offered at Gallup High are very satisfactory, but as for the way they are managed I have a bit of a qualm. Many teachers do not fully enjoy what they are doing, therefore the students have to suffer through long drug out days of photo-copied worksheets or another session of the 'daily gossip', which isn't neccessarily hated by all students.As for me, I was given the opportunity to talk to the teachers on a first hand basis,the ones that truely cared that is, and they helped to develop me in only the best of ways. The ones who simply chill everyday are the ones who need to be delt with.

Posted April 04, 2005
I am a senior at Gallup High School. I have enjoyed my time spent here and recommend that more students consider this to be the school for them.

Posted March 26, 2005
I am currently a Senior at Gallup High School. The Principles are an excellent group of people. They make every student feel appreciated and loved. Our career councilor helped me attain three nominations for the United States Military Academy, She also helped me gain acceptance to The Citadel. Most of the teaching staff is awesome. We have a wide range of clubs, FCA, NHS, FCCLA, SADD and many more.

Posted February 21, 2005
I love attending Gallup High School. Both principals and teachers take forth an effort in making me feel comfortable. They treat me like an adult, not a child. I really appriciate all they do.

Posted November 30, 2004
School has a great, caring staff. I have found that teachers really care about my daughter as a person and have strived to provide a good, solid background in preparing her for college. Easily the best school in the area and I know of several graduates who've gone on to Ivy League schools.

Posted November 08, 2004
This school was great. I learned a lot and got very good grades. Compare to other schools that I have been to, this school was the best.

Gallup High School 2

Posted May 28, 2004
My son is currently a junior. Academics are mediocre at best, although some teachers are outstanding (e.g., AP History, Computer Department, Math Department). One science teacher could not tell me what his degree was in. There is a general sense of uncaring at this school, both at the administrative and student level. Administration is very poor at communicating with parents - no bulletins, newsletters, etc. (they say students are supposed to bring them home, but my son says he has never seen one). Many students just do not bother to show up on Thursdays/Fridays. After school clubs and programs are almost nonexistant - no FBLA, FFA, etc. I know more about college recruitment and seminars that administrative staff who are paid to know. We plan to move before my daughter starts high school.

Gallup High School
1055 Rico St, Gallup, NM  87301
Last modified Gallup High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.