No rating

Gallup Catholic School

Private | PK-12 | 13 students

Living in Gallup

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $109,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $542.

Posted July 29, 2012

I attended Gallup Catholic for 12 years, was accepted to and graduated from one of the top universities in the mid-west. Both my siblings and several of my classmates had similar experiences. I truly believe that Gallup Catholic offers the best opportunity for quality education that we have in the Gallup NM area. The school helped form my character as well as my knowledge base. I am grateful to my parents for providing me with the best shot at success that they could. When I have children I plan on sending them to Gallup Catholic. It s worth the sacrifice.

Posted February 27, 2011

New Principal is excellent. Staff is quality at the Mid School and High School. AP English is offered and upper level Science and Math. Sports programs are successfu.l

Posted March 24, 2009

My kids have attended Gallup Catholic from per-school through high school. Yes I have had ups and downs with teachers, fellow students and administration as is usual when raising kids. My children became a part of a large family at the school and as parents we became completely involved with the school. Children are encouraged to try anything them want to: drama, sports, academic decathelon, volunteering, etc. They are taught to live their faith. I have seen kids transfer from other schools and lose the hard protective shell they had developed as they were encouraged to become involved. We may not have the prettiest buildings or the newest equipment but our children learn and experience something better. They are able to succeed in four year colleges because one thing they have learned is time management and to believe in themselves. If I had to do it all over again, I would.

Posted February 9, 2009

... And i met some of the best friends that i will have for my entire life. The bonds i have built with the students at the school are unlike any friendships that can be built at a bigger school. The school is so small that even if someone from another school talks about your worst enemy, you will stand up for them. The people there are like your family, they will be there for you no matter what happens. probably one of the the most important things someone can get in their life is a sense of values, and a good foundation one can build their life on. It is just as valuable as an education, if not more so, and you can't get that at a bigger rich private school. ... i'd like to finish with what the school has most of.... it has a lot of character.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 4, 2009

The school is adequate. There is a teacher who truly cares about the children, and some others who don't put forth the effort. The kids at GCS are well behaved, but their knowledge is substandard. My child hasn't learned much during high school. The school is poor, and extracurricular activities are a joke. My child has learned some valuable life lessons, but nothing compared to even average standards.

Posted July 25, 2008

Gallup Catholic is a type of school that gives you what you desire. If a parent feels that I've paid my tuition so I've done all I need, Gallup Catholic is not for you. Parents are involved and need to be involved. Everyone is accepted at Gallup Catholic----everyone is given a chance. Some might think that some kids have had too many chances. As one who might be deemed, 'a named parent' I have felt that on occasion. When I asked my son about transferring, he said, 'What!? I'm getting a good education, I can work through it.' He did and his antagonist is now one of his best friends. By the way, he just graduated Magna Cum Laude from a major west coast university. His siblings have done equally well as have GCS graduates at Notre Dame; Fordham, Penn State, The Loyolas, Clairmont, Tulane, Manhattan College, etc. Succeed!

Posted June 12, 2007

I feel cheated, i pay large sums of money every month for my children to attend this school, and nothing gets done. Money puts you above the rest at Gallup Catholic. there is no order to this school and i am very disappointed with the school. i honestly felt that by putting my daughter in Gallup Catholic she'd be in a better learning atmosphere. I've never been so disappointed with a school.

Posted April 14, 2006

My daughter has attended Gallup Catholic for nine years, is reading four years above grade level, and is highly successful in all academic areas, and while she's a good student, this is not unusual here. This is a school that concentrates on the basics - reading, writing, math - as well as fundamentals of faith. Since it's a small school, every child is able to participate in everything. No one is 'cut' or can't join a club or sport. Safety is a priority, and bullying is not tolerated. While fundraising is always necessary, tuition is so much cheaper than at many other private schools - and if you want to compare quality, look at the students' test scores. Our students are a diverse group of children that reflect our community in every way, and the school provides a place where every child can succeed.

Posted July 3, 2005

My children have been going to Gallup Catholic for 10 years now. The small class size has encouraged the students to become a family. My children have gained confidence and self esteem because of the family atmosphere at the school. The cost of the school is comparable to other private schools in the state, and I feel the tution is reasonable for the education they are recieving. Mr. DiPaolo has been, Mrs. Roberts and Mrs. Binkley have been great additions to the staff. The dedication that the teachers have shown to student success is awesome. If you are considering Gallup Catholic for your child, I would ask the students, parents and staff how they feel about the school. Our family has decided to make sacrifices in our expenses in order to keep our children safe and learning.

Posted September 23, 2004

I'm a college instructor, and have a student in my composition class who is outstanding as a writer -- the kind whose paper I'm amazed by when I'm grading at night. Today I asked him where he went to school, and he told me 'Gallup Catholic.' I just want to say that from my perspective, the education seems to be far ahead of the other schools from which my students graduated. Brilliant students, wonderful writer. In addition, he's a fine young man (polite, consciencious, considerate, always on time to class) and a credit to both his school and family.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 19, 2004

No school is perfect, but Gallup Catholic is on the road. I have 3 graduates and 2 to go. The school is very inexpensive compared to most private schools in the area. The quality of teachers varies from year to year, but overall, the education has enable my kids to achieve great things. The school offers many different activities for students and each student counts. Yes, there are probably bullies, particularly in the younger grades,every school has them. The Principal tries to weed them out, but you don't want to kick a kid out who might change with more discipline. They try to work with the student, but if it doesn't work, they're gone. The students are the important people at the school. As a Christian school they try to help kids in need, even bullies. The school is good and God is in Gallup Catholic. Give it a try!

Posted May 10, 2004

GCS has serious problems. They really need to hire somebody with experience in school funding because they always hit the PTO and parents up for everything that the school needs. My child went to another Catholic school in the area whose tuition was less than half of what GCS ask and that school was high quality and well supplied. Bullying is inadequately curbed there. My child was beat up with no intervention during recess on the playground. My child's teacher told her class to not tattle unless they've been physically hurt. Their bully policy is quite bad. The two teachers that I've experienced from there have been appalling. Both branded children from either day one or from previous experience with them, even if that experience was when the child was 4 years old. It is one thing for students to be bullying, incomprehensible when it comes from a teacher.

Posted April 28, 2004

I have to children who recently graduated from GCS. Both received an excellent academic and spiritual education. In addition, they learned self discipline and great study habits. They both were accepted into top private universities and have done extremely well there. We found the teachers and staff at GCS to be extremely caring and willing to help any student who asked for it. For the price of tuition compared to other private schools in the surrounding area, the school is a bargain! Between the academic, spiritual, athletic and other extra-curricular activites which are available to the students, any student who wishes to make the most of him or herself has ample opportunity to do so!

Posted April 25, 2004

I graduated from Gallup Catholic last year. Yeah, the price may be a little high, but compared to bigger cities, it's cheap. I learned so many precious life lessons that a public school could not teach. Not only did I graduate knowing history and math, but knowing my faith. I came across the country to a school with 40,000 other kids, and faced things I was never exposed to before. But the emphasis on faith helped me to be strong and keep myself out of trouble. I learned to stand on my own two feet and think for myself. Something that public schools do not teach. If faith as well as knowledge is a value you hold, then this school is where your child belongs. They will walk away with an 'education' they will carry with them for the rest of your life.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 23, 2004

The school is old and in disrepair. For the money we pay the kids should be eating steak and lobster! The teachers are ok but sometimes the punishment does not fit the crime. Bullies are aloud to stay because parents or grandparents are big contributers to the school. My daughter will be going to public school next year. This school has nickle and dimed me to death.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Gallup

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

515 Park Avenue