No rating

Alma D'Arte Charter School

Public | 9-12

Student diversity

Posted September 11, 2014

I rated this school favorably around this time last year. I was happy with the school when my children first attended. My children no longer attend this school. The principle gives a good speech to prospective parents and students, but very little of the claims are lived up to. They do not consistently enforce the "no bullying" policy. Only one administrator makes objective decisions. Another administrator is essentially a bully and power hungry. The third is almost non-existent. Programs that kids specifically go there for have been cut in one way or another. There is no real motivation by kids or teachers. I do give some of the teachers credit for staying there, because it is a difficult job and they get paid less at this school. However, the seemingly disgruntled staff often forget not to let their personal lives effect their work and their relationships with the students. There is no nurse or counselor. There isn't enough staff, period. The morale at this school has taken a major dive. The teacher/student ratio is basically pointless since both teachers and students can see that many of neither care. The idea of the school is good, the execution of it is poor.

Posted August 19, 2012

My son is just beginning to attend this school. We are so excited about this opportunity to attend this school. My response to the parent that complained about the enforcement of attendance, is that it is the responsibility of the parent to see to it that their child attends school regularly. This is not the responsibility of the school. With regards to other problems like drug use and behavior issues, these problems do not begin in the school. These are issues that we are all responsible for. It takes an effort on the part of the parents, the school and the entire community. Focus on solutions rather than blame.

Posted July 19, 2012

With the student to teacher ratio I thought the kids would be doing better. There is very little attendance enforcement and a very large drug problem inthis school

Posted February 23, 2010

Alma was the only school i ever felt accepted in. It was the best experience of my life.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 11, 2010

School has a varity of differnet arts. My daughter loves it over there. Not as much peer pressure as at the LC High Schools.

Posted January 1, 2009

This school has been wonderful for my 6th child. The first 3 graduated from the local public HS, the next two dropped out - one has since gotten his GED. We were so happy that this school was available for our last child who is now in his 3rd year at the school. The teachers and staff at Alma have been so supportive of my son in some personal crisis as well as encouraging him to strive for the best and in finding himself and his artistic expression. He is thriving where he would have been lost at the Public HS.

Posted November 2, 2007

I feel that this school is wonderful! My daughter is in the 9th grade and is excited about school and is enjoying her freshman year!

Posted October 3, 2007

At this point I rate it as above average since my daughter just started Alma this semester. However, for a charter school I am very impressed at the involvement I have seen from teachers and staff in the success of the students. Their involvement has played a major role in the success I am seeing this far in my daughters grades but most of all in my daughters attitude towards her own success in school. The change has been remarkable. Knowing that teachers and staff push the students to find their potential gives me alot of hope, and ease that someone in the education field really does care to see her become successful.

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

402 West Court