La Academia Dolores 1

Posted August 19, 2014
Unfortunately for Dolores Huerta, one major issue brings this school and otherwise dedicated educators down.. Principal Octavio Casillas. His temper is uncontrolled and his attitude toward students and parents is alarming. I have 3 children I. The public school system and all 3 are honor roll students (my children are never in the Principals office for the wrong reasons) and I have been treated unfairly and by this "lawyer gone teacher". If you do not meet the racial preference of this Principal, good luck. If it weren't for this year being my daughter's last year in Middle School, she and I would have removed her and placed her in a school where she could be academically challenged according to her needs and treated with more respect. The school seems more focused on their Mariachi and Ballet than education. Unless this school is an only option for your child, I would highly discourage attending LADH.

Posted May 03, 2010

La Academia Dolores 0

Posted January 21, 2010
La Academia has a been a wonderful experience for daughter. She was very nervous going into middle school in August last year but the La Academia principal and teachers have made the transition so easy for her. Unlike many of the other local middle schools, my daughter actually gets homework almost every day of the week and lots of it! She is taking Ballet Folklorico and Piano for her electives and I have seen a very positive change in her self-image and self-esteem. I would definitely recommend this school to any student who is willing to be challenged and have a very structured school life. Thank you to the La Academia administrators, faculty, and staff for making my daughter's middle school experience challenging, yet positive and enriching.

Posted December 25, 2009
What can I say I love my school and I think all the teachers are great and I love how you can acually get to know some others students in other grades and just the one your in. Im an 8th grader this year and im sad that when summer comes around I will be going to high school but I know I will be very well prepaired.

Posted August 07, 2009
i love La Academia. I am going to 8th grade and i have enjoyed my 3 years. I dont want to leave but i just will remember it as LADH the coolest school eva!!!

La Academia Dolores 0

Posted June 03, 2009
La Academia is the best 6th-8th grade school in the U.S. i love every one at the school, the school teaches you loads of stuff. The school is most recomended my me and my friends at school, because we have such a good time the teachers and school counseler is the best. The counseler, Micheal Davis, is the most helpfull, nice, sweet, kind and very funny the school is the most dependable for parents. And every time school is let out at 5;00 pm i cant wait to go back. Go La Academia!

Posted May 09, 2009
I'm so glad my child got the opportunity to attend La Academia. I believe he has flourished in so many ways because of the opportunities presented to him at this school. I feel he would have continued to struggle at his old school, but thanks to the staff and students at La Academia, he's gained a sense of self-worth and accomplishment.

La Academia Dolores
1480 North Main, Las Cruces, NM  88001
Last modified La Academia Dolores is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Academia Dolores Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.