Las Cruces, NM
Students enrolled: 2,313

Posted May 23, 2013
I graduated from Las Cruces High School in 2012 after transferring from a rather affluent school in Albuquerque where I had been mercilessly harassed and bullied. I absolutely adored Cruces and to this day am thankful that I attended there. Although the school has a (somewhat deserved) reputation for being "ghetto", all of the kids were always extremely friendly. The Teachers were for the most part good. There is a lot of school spirit among the students. This school is also very diverse. I had several classes where I was the only white student and those classes were some of my favorite. The AES/Gifted program is absolutely fantastic. The facilitators of AES are underpaid but still do their job incredibly well. The sports teams are stellar. The punishments for the students are very reasonable. The point of high school is to prepare you for the real world both socially and academically and Cruces High does that fantastically.

Las Cruces High School 4

Posted October 27, 2011
I have a gand daughter and a newphew who attend LC High School. From the newphew and his parents they are very satisfied with the teachers and classes. I would like to know if Las Cruces High has a remeidal reading and math class? My grand daughter is in special ed and she has been left behind. Special ed children from what I understand are not allowed to leave their circle or have lunch with other children if invited. She has mentioned that she is very unhappy and the teacher only said "Poor baby". I know that her parents only found out about this but I just thought maybe I could get a few questions answered. If you have remedial reading and math can she put in these classes with a request from her parents. They all know the principal, she was a student at Zia. She is slow but capable. Please forward this to the principal and possibly he will email me back. I do not expect this to be posted. Just a very concerned grandmother.

Posted May 05, 2010
LCHS is an obvious choice. The student body is well diverse and cliches didn't exclude students in any way from socialization. Teachers are very helpful in showing students options for college; such as AP exams, submittal letters to colleges, course options. Extracurricular activities are amazing.

Las Cruces High School 4

Posted February 02, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted October 22, 2007
This school has an outstanding wrestling program and excellent academics

Las Cruces High School 3

Posted October 20, 2007

Las Cruces High School 2

Posted January 07, 2007
I think this school has low quality academics and high quality academics, with absolutely no in-between. Their extracurricular activities are excellent however.

Posted October 27, 2006
- a former student
LCHS is one of the best academically based high schools I have been too. They are really into helping their students get to college, no matter what kind of back ground they have. They really encourage us to further our education and help us understand the real world. LCHS has helped me in so many ways. From how to study and take exams, to how to stay organized. This is a really great school, with friendly staff members and a lot to offer any student. I really recommend this school. --Shawna

Las Cruces High School 2

Posted September 05, 2006
- a former student
Basically most of the teachers there go to just eat their lunch and make a paycheck, parents are never involved or informed of anything ever, extracaricular activities are few,the schedule is horrific, hallways are always jammed, the school is poorly maintained, dicipline is a joke, security is a joke. but most of all the education is poor, they don't teach anything hardly, now some teachers do but most don't. this school tried to get better when they hired Ms.Haines as principle but few things have improved.

Las Cruces High School
1750 El Paseo Rd, Las Cruces, NM  88001
Last modified Las Cruces High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Cruces High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top